MY cars doing the boogie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY cars doing the boogie

Shitty holiday continues I wanted to get out today but the wind is hitting 75mph and my car is doing a lovely boogie in the driveway.
    Looks like me when I'm pissed. Maybe I'll get out tomorrow.
    So far one day car in dock Three waiting in for a deliveries and today the weather says they shalt not go out.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Sounds like your luck re: weather is similar to my old scout troop.
    No matter when we went, any given weekend away camping would always involve the worst storm possible.

Got to the point we were considering hireing ourselves out to drought stricken area's

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Looks like we're the third windest place in Britain. 107mph on top of the scottish mountains 77mph in leeds and 75 mph max here with gusts up to seventy and sixty until 4 O'clock.
      It quitened down a little before lunch so I decided to go out major mistake up got the wind again. I didn't want to make the local papers as Local weather enthustic gets crushed by 70 mph gust. So I went back home.
      The noise at times was terrific I couldn't here the builders at times next door. One time I was stood outside going back in my ears were popping with the preasure change.
      The local news had pictures of boating lakes and a local damn with waves on them. The one with the boating lake showed the waves coming on shore more like the north sea.
      One thing I can say the weather is not quite as bad as the storms in the south of the country twelve years ago but they are pretty close.
      Two weeks ago my sister and her husband were complaining about the house shaking with the wind I wonder what they think now. I also remember once the wind averaging between 50 and sixty and winds gusting to 80 mph and the house was shaking nicely then.
      I've just noticed my pond has got a new boat!!!!!!
      Last edited by The PIT; 22 February 2002, 09:48.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
        Sounds like your luck re: weather is similar to my old scout troop.
        No matter when we went, any given weekend away camping would always involve the worst storm possible.

Got to the point we were considering hireing ourselves out to drought stricken area's

Dan
        Sounds familiar
        We got tired of being rained on whenever our scout master went camping with us,
        So we went on a winter campout....
        This was in Virgina, not known for it's harsh winters.
        Naturaly an unexpected cold front came up.
        OMFG! -25c

I got honest to goodness frost bite on my toes while I was sleeping.

chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I've got terrible wind here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
            I've got terrible wind here too.
            The topic was weather not digestive health
            chuck

PS Are massive winds like this some kind of new feature in English weather?
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Are massive winds like this some kind of new feature in English weather?
              Doesn't have to be new, or even particularly different... if it's weather, it gets talked about.

Whilst the rest of the world has climate, we make do with weather.
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

he only said he had wind, not that he passed any

yea, we don't have any untoward wind(leave it alone) here, just a hell of a lot of rain. Ducks everywhere. Not like in South America tho. I wonder if they ever found that lady...
                AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Of course the met office messed the forecast up. For once they weren't making a song and dance about it mentioned briefly last night there maybe gusts to 60mph in Northern Ireland but a max of fifty here not 75 or 77mph they recorded in Leeds.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

i passed alot of lakes(leave it alone ) on the way home that weren't here yesterday, boy its really raining!!
                    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley

PS Are massive winds like this some kind of new feature in English weather?
                      Not unless you live near Nottingham .

I remember about 12 years ago, the wind was so bad that you could lie at an angle of about 25 degrees to the floor and the wind would support you. I normally have a problem with 90 degrees

regards MD
                      Interests include:
                      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I remember a huge inland storm we had back in 1980. Locally we call it "the Green Storm" because that was the color of the sky for the duration.

It uprooted 4' wide trees, turned over cars, ripped off car doors and removed roofs over a 30 mile wide area in SE Michigan, much larger than any tornado would normally cover.

One guy I knew who worked at Metro Airport's tower said just before they evacuated the wind guage was reading over 135 mph STEADY. That was right before the towers windows gave it up and the guys started taking 5 steps at a shot on the way down to the shelter.

We had a 25' diameter above ground pool; 4' high with a 2' diving dip in the middle. It got moved 6" sideways, completely off its ground pads. We had to take it down and totally re-do its installation. Had to replace the roof too.

At least we didn't get a 20' high tree stuck in our living room window like the folks across the street did. This was headed right for our kitchen window where my wife was standing, but a gust or something took it over the house.

A 25' tall elm in our front yard ended up doing a boogie-woogie on its broken end about 4 blocks down the street after being twisted off less than a foot off the ground.

We were out of power for over 2 weeks.

No one at the weather service seemed willing to classify it as such but it sure looked and acted like either a 30 mile wide tornado or an inland hurricane.

The news said the insurance industry had to bring in agents from over 1000 miles away to handle the claims, and it took weeks to do so.

Next time you complain about the weather remember those of us in Tornado Alley

Dr. Mordrid
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 February 2002, 22:20.
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

we have snow today, and gale force winds
                          Dell Inspiron 8200
                          Pentium4m 1.6
                          640mb pc2100
                          64mb gf440go
                          15" uxga ultrasharp
                          40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

In the last 90 minutes we've had a mighty hail storm followed by high winds and heavy snow and now we have blue sky, brilliant sunshine and hardly a breeze

Comment

Nice and calm here only gusting to 55mph. One or two light snow showers.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X