X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox @ CeBIT and GDC

WooHoo Soon sounds a little bit closer now

ooh and everybody calling the card or cards sundogs
    I thought it would be better if the dog had a name.
    no not dogbert (but he might like this thread)

So here it is
    Attached Files

Isn't that one of those G400 QuadMAXXX

With SunSPOT co-processor??

Well, now we have a fake card to!

Comment

Or is it a G400, modded for use on the sun's surface?

Comment

The sun has no surface.
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

there could be room for 4 more gpus, what a waste, i think i will wait for the 8-gpu version, hopefully it wont cost more than 50$.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Looking forward to a release by Matrox. Been waiting for over 3 years, I guess I can wait another few months.

Comment

Can't you feel the exitement GROWING!

Kinda like watching the Pats win the Superbowl
              System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                The sun has no surface.
                ??? So the whole solar system exists within the sun?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus

??? So the whole solar system exists within the sun?
                  I don't follow your logic...

Comment

If the sun had no surface, it would be without bound and engulf everything.

The sun does indeed have a surface, the photosphere. A paltry 5800K.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

That would not be considered a surface. That, instead the outer boundary of the sun with sufficient denisity to be considered part of the sun. A surface would be a definite boundary that one crosses. The sun has no such boundary.

Comment

I see!

If I open the front door of our house then there is no surface to separate the inside from the outside so then our house would "engulf" everything!

Comment

that's where the difference between solid and non-solid surface comes in

while technically speaking you're probably right, k6-3, it's still easier to call it surface because it's silly to call it 'outer boundary that's still considered part of the sun' every time you refer to it.
                          Last edited by dZeus; 24 February 2002, 18:40.

Comment

I did my research K6-III, time for you to do your before you contradict me incorrectly.

I tend to trust the fellas over at JPL: http://sse.jpl.nasa.gov/features/planets/sun/sun.html

Perhaps you should revisit the definition of surface.

Also, sunspots are defined as "Any of the relatively cool dark spots appearing periodically in groups on the surface of the sun that are associated with strong magnetic fields."
                            by the American Heritage dictionary. In case you didn't see it coming, yes, sunspots appear on the photosphere.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I have discovered the secret new processor for the upcoming Matrox video card, and have risked life and limb to bring you this top secret document describing it! Now there will be no doubt as to the power of the new card!

Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 25 February 2002, 01:00.

Comment

Working...
                              X