replacing marvel G200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing marvel G200?

i love my G200, but the 2D/3D performance is now anemic. i'd like to get a marvelg400TV for a good price, but i can't seem to find one. also i hear the dualhead is limited.

so my problem is...i'd like to get a standalone G400...is there a hardware MJPEG card with TV tuner? i can't seem to find one...
    ==
    "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

The G-series Rainbow Runner. It's a PCI card with TV tuner and HW MJPEG on board.

Comment

oh duh, the obvious i had overlooked that.

nothing that would let me move to a non-matrox board is there?
      ==
      "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

I don't personally know of a HW capture board that also has a TV tuner on board. Some of the ATI AIWs have tuners and soft codecs, but concensus is that they aren't really a dedicated capture solution.

The DC10, DC30 don't have tuners, nor do Fast. And I can't think of any DV boards that do (Raptor, Pyro, Datavision etc).

Comment

yeah it is uniquein that way.....hey Idiot its time to stoke the rumor fires once again, what's this I hear theres no RR connection for the G450 card & if so will there be some other product?
          P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
          MSI 645 Ultra
          256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
          Matrox Marvel G200
          etc...
          ect....

Comment

I haven't heard anything at all about the G450 apart from it's name. Although there was muttering some while back about a future Matrox card having a soft codec only...

Comment

That might not be so bad. It's already the case with DV. Software DV codecs are often faster than hardware ones on fast systems.

Quote from Adam Witt's DV FAQ: "Typically, a Pentium or PowerPC running faster than 300 MHz or so will run a soft codec faster than a hard codec."

The reason is that once CPU's get over 300-400 mhz or so they are running code faster than the chips typically used for hard codecs.

Another one that can do this is the PICVideo MJPeg soft codec.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
              X