has any one tried Celeron2 with Iwill slocket2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has any one tried Celeron2 with Iwill slocket2

Hello my good MURC buddies I was just wondering if anyone has tried this out. I have an Abit BH6 and would like to get a 1.1 gig Celeron2 and overclock it to 1.463(133 bus). Some reviews say the new core can do this speed. The Vcore of the new processor is 1.475 which the slocket 2 does not support but it does support 1.5. Is there any other differences that anyone knows of that should keep me from trying this out. I know Powerleap has a new slocket adapter that allows for celeron 2 on Bx MB's but trying to keep cost down as much as I can.

Thanks for you help

Dred - you get a pretty good bang for the buck. It`s possible to hit around 1.6 - 1.7 GHz with a voltage mod and efficient cooling on Tualatins, so I assume that it`s not much of a problem to get it going at around 1.45 GHz.

But as with every overclock nothing is guaranteed.

MK
    Last edited by MK; 21 February 2002, 02:20.
    <font size="1">
    Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
    ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
    Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
    2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
    256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
    Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
    ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
    Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
    Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
    Plustek Optic Pro U12B
    HP Deskjet 959C
    Plantronics LS1 Headset
    all on W2k Professional SP2
    </font>

Comment

The Vcore of the new processor is 1.475 which the slocket 2 does not support but it does support 1.5. Is there any other differences that anyone knows of that should keep me from trying this out.
      that cpu has a tualatin 0.13 micron core & is not compatible with your m/board & present slocket combo as the pin definitions apart from other things are different to the normal 370 fcpga cpu! this is why powerleap has put out their own tualatin slocket adaptor.
      if you still want the celeron, get one that doesn't have an "A" associated with it as the A denotes a tualatin core.

Comment

Isn`t he using the Powerleap slotket ?

MK
        <font size="1">
        Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
        ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
        Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
        2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
        256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
        Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
        ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
        Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
        Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
        Plustek Optic Pro U12B
        HP Deskjet 959C
        Plantronics LS1 Headset
        all on W2k Professional SP2
        </font>

Comment

No MK, he's hoping that the Iwill slocket2 would work in order to keep costs down.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the info I guess I will have to get the powerleap slocket. this BX MB still performs to good to get rid of it I have Raid card running raid o to overcome the UDMA 33, other than that at 133 bus speed almost as good or better than asus cusl2 815 MB I have.

Comment

Working...
            X