Unlocking the Multiplier on Intel Processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking the Multiplier on Intel Processors

Before we proceed with the actual unlocking procedure, I would like to stress that this should not be performed by persons that are not familiar with overclocking. It is quite risky, and you might end up with a defective processor if you don't do it right.

Oh and you might want to check this one out as well!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

First step to a sucessful removement of the multiplier is to pop off the "slug" that covers the actual processor core. Put the processor flat on your desk and gently start hammering away the slug. We used a hammer and a screwdriver, but a chisel will do just fine.
    Took me three pages to figure out he was kidding!!

How embarrassing! Oh, well. Got a trippy new ornament for next year's Christmas tree.

Kevin

Comment

Yeah... it was so wierd I was unsure what to think until they "opened" the core.

Comment

Waddaya mean he was kidding? I tried it on an old P-90 and it's now running at 3.7 GHz. No extra cooling either, now that the heating element is disabled. I also took the time to solder some old pipeline burst cache directly to the core, since I had it open anyway. I'm getting 12760 3D marks out of my 1MB Trident PCI vid card now too.

This R0x0rZ!!!
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Finally! We've all been waiting for this fix for quite some time now.

I think I will vow to fix EVERY celeron this way!!!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I just tried it and it's soo fast it the monitor can't keep up and it says no signal.
            Shit I think me cpu is buggered.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

LOL!

The thought of doing that against a Intel CPU has crossed my mind several times....
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

And now for something compleatly different....

BTW since when did Intel start to put heatsprredders on their celeron 2 cpus???? Got a 9000MHz one today that had one!
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Re: And now for something compleatly different....

Originally posted by Guru
                  ...Got a 9000MHz one today...
                  Wow! Intel is realy making progress on the MHz front.
                  AMD will never catch up.
                  Chuck
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Re: Re: And now for something compleatly different....

Originally posted by cjolley

Wow! Intel is realy making progress on the MHz front.
                    AMD will never catch up.
                    Chuck
                    UPS!

I meansch 900MHz!

Comment

Working...
                    X