PDA

View Full Version : What is real and what is false?

Amiga Blitter
20th February 2002, 01:23
Could someone tell me what is real or what is false about the Matrox Gaming Card, Parhelia, DX9 compliance?
Please Be serious.

:rolleyes:

Wombat
20th February 2002, 01:37
Please be seriousYou've got to be kidding. A rumored codename for a rumored video card, and you want facts?

Well, at least you gave me a good laugh.

Here, call this number, and ask them the same questions: (514) 822-6300

We owe it to them to brighten their day.

KeiFront
20th February 2002, 01:43
only one fact: Soon ™ ;)

Tempest
20th February 2002, 01:53
Something like 8 months ago rumours on PowerVR Revolution said that Matrox was designing a new graphics core knows as Parhelia. About a month later the G800MAX? thread was started on the Matrox Graphics Support Forums. There Haig claimed that there was something in the works that would satisfy both professionals and gamers.
Later, rumours on RivaStation said that Parhelia would include "4 Vertex- and 4 Pixel Shader Pipes and 19,2GB/s memory bandwith using 256Bit DDR". In October SmellYfeeT said he had talked with a friend of his and that if Parhelia ever came out it would be part DirectX9 compatible.
The rumours usually automatically expect Parhelia to be a gaming card, but late hints from Ant and others have shown that Matrox might currently be interested in participating in the professional 3D market.

Conclusion: The average MURCer knows nothing, but he is pretty good at speculation :D

[GDI]Raptor
20th February 2002, 04:25
We could make speculations into a new sport!! None can speculate like a MURCer :D

We do everything, we make fake boxes, fake cards, fake specs, and EVEN fake press releases :eek:

KeiFront
20th February 2002, 05:17
We could start our own company BitMurc inc. :D

We already got a box, a card, specs, and EVEN some press releases, altough they are all fake :o.

Novdid
20th February 2002, 05:18
That's because the other don't have to. They get what they need every six months.

But I do agree that we are one hell of a bunch of speculators. Why not name the next Matrox card like this: Matrox Speculator. The "spec"+"ator stands for specs and dominator, Specs that dominate.:confused:

Very looooooong shot, eh???:p

VJ
20th February 2002, 05:54
Does anyone feel the urge to make fake cards ?
(diy cardboard cutouts ? :D)
They should of course have stable fake drivers... :rolleyes: (which might be a problem)

But seriously: I think AmigaBlitter has a point, we should make a list of what is certain (who said what and when) in order to make more accurate speculations...

Jörg

Elie
20th February 2002, 07:25
But seriously: I think AmigaBlitter has a point, we should make a list of what is certain (who said what and when) in order to make more accurate speculations...

Isn't "accurate speculation" an oxy moron? kinda like a "definite maybe" :confused:

Currently there are no specs or fact about the rumored new card, I would wait for a press release, hopefully soon.

K6-III
20th February 2002, 08:16
I'm kinda hoping Matrox gives us a chance to quit speculating for a while.

[GDI]Raptor
20th February 2002, 08:20
It's not so long time until Game Developer Conferance begins, perhaps we'll hear more by then, a technology announcment perhaps, what do you think Haig?

Slougi
20th February 2002, 08:24
When is it again?

Greebe
20th February 2002, 08:30
It'll boast 69 GigaSuxels/s which is why M decided to include RSN and LIPS you can attach to your screen :D

Hyp-X
20th February 2002, 08:46
Originally posted by Slougi
When is it again?

March 19-23

http://www.gdconf.com/

borat
20th February 2002, 09:04
well in 1 months time we will either all be in here in a frezy of exitement or we will all have geforces and radeons on order and murc's days will be numbered.

Jammrock
20th February 2002, 09:06
Yes, but is that fast enought to render 2 subjects nude at once ;)

Jammrock

cjolley
20th February 2002, 09:07
Originally posted by borat
well in 1 months time we will either all be in here in a frezy of exitement or we will all have geforces and radeons on order and murc's days will be numbered.

You mean Matrox's days.
MURC will live on!!!!!!
chuck

Helevitia
20th February 2002, 09:24

I remember somone saying this every year since joining the MURC back in...let's see now....98? But somehow, every year, we retain most of the people :D BTW, back in 98, it was about the OGL drivers for the G200 for which I said I would buy another video card too if they didn't come out with the drivers soon, lol! Here I am, 5 years later, still waiting :D

Dave

borat
20th February 2002, 09:27
yeah but at least when you were waiting for drivers you had some hardware.

Helevitia
20th February 2002, 09:30
yeah but at least when you were waiting for drivers you had some hardware.

Ahh, but I still do have hardware, it's just not a Matrox card. But you know what, I'm still waiting :D

Dave

Ant
20th February 2002, 11:15
MURC's been going for 7 long years, ain't no stopping us baby! :)

snn47
21st February 2002, 01:28
The way the workforce is divided in most companies today,

meaning having a few underpaid nerseen or heard from ghosts producing the product (R&D, production and quality control),
while everyone else get's the glory & money selling it to the customers

So we've done most of the work is already!

We already got a box, a card, specs, and EVEN some press releases, altough they are all fake .
Now we can establish a fake company, (board of directors maybee ant and who else?)

Producing the fake card is just a minor detail that can be easily solved

How hard can it be to just solder a Radeon/Geforce (3D calculation power) back to back to an G450-PCI (66MHz version!) and add the necessary connections. :rolleyes:

Only adding RDRAM for improved performance should be hard :D

Dogbert
21st February 2002, 02:39
industry's only 1-Kb QuadBus architecture implementing support for AGP 8X and AGP Pro and 512KB of embedded RAM. In addition to a 512-bit interface to memory and support for a maximum of 512MB of double data rate synchronous memory, the Matrox G800 uses a completely new 3D Rendering Processor and T&L unit built from the ground up to accelerate the most demanding applications in existence. Fully DirectX 9 and OpenGL 1.3 compliant, the Matrox G800 is an extremely powerful 3D rendering engine supporting almost every known 3D feature.

Building on the revolutionary design of the 256-bit DualBus of the MGA-G400, Matrox extends the Matrox G800 to a full 1-Kb QuadBus to deliver four times the throughput rate of traditional 256-bit architectures. The new 1-Kb QuadBus design implements four independent 256-bit buses operating in parallel inside the Matrox G800. To complement this devastatingly fast 1-Kb QuadBus and create a superior performance design, the Matrox G800 also employs a full 512-bit interface to memory. Two more important features are the ability for up to 16 MGA-G800 chips to work in parallel, which will allow creating double and quad chip solutions using standard AGP-Pro slots and a huge on chip embedded RAM of 512KB.

With the company's new 3D Rendering Processor, the Matrox G800 achieves up to 20 times the 3D rendering performance of the award-winning MGA-G400 in real applications at high resolution. The setup engines in the Matrox G800 are capable of drawing over 80 million triangles/second and full native support for DirectX 9 and OpenGL 1.3

[GDI]Raptor
21st February 2002, 04:32
Now we only need some fake reviews, and some fake benchmarks!

Ahh! forgot the fake announcement :p

Novdid
21st February 2002, 05:55
Can somebody hack Matrox's website and put Dogberts announcement on the frontpage???:D

MetalCartman
21st February 2002, 06:51
*lol*

FormerEx-SalesSoup
21st February 2002, 08:15
Originally posted by Novdid
Can somebody hack Matrox's website and put Dogberts announcement on the frontpage???:D

Let's not get feisty now.

TdB
21st February 2002, 09:20
maybe some fake screenshots from the fake techdemo, will cheer people up :D

now what would really impress everybody...

can somebody make a screenshot?

Novdid
21st February 2002, 09:58
Originally posted by SalesSoup
Let's not get feisty now.

Only meant as a joke. That goes to all the hackers actually thinking about doing this.;)

KeiFront
21st February 2002, 10:33

Only meant as a joke. That goes to all the hackers actually thinking about doing this.;)

To late :D

Only joking.

We could make some fake screenshots of the RSN feature but this would be inappropriate :p

FormerEx-SalesSoup
21st February 2002, 11:37

It's all in good fun. Anyway, good luck to anyone that tries to get through our Firewall.

Jammrock
21st February 2002, 13:58
Was that an official challenge? :)

MURC - What happens to geeks who get board!

Jammrock

cjolley
21st February 2002, 14:03
Originally posted by SalesSoup

It's all in good fun. Anyway, good luck to anyone that tries to get through our Firewall.

Cough up the info or I'll tell your network folk you said that. :D
It might explain the workload they are about to have as the
10,000 hackers you just gave permission to start flailing away
at that firewall. ;)
Chuck

Wombat
21st February 2002, 14:17
From my experience, he wasn't talking about hackers, he was talking about Matrox employees.

DukeP
21st February 2002, 14:17
Heh. Why use a hack attack to plant information.

Use it to extract the information that is bound to be there, somewhere.. ;)

~~DukeP~~

borat
21st February 2002, 14:19
not if it doesnt exist(sarcasm)

DuRaNgO
21st February 2002, 14:33

Never underestimate the power of MURC ;)

Hurry, to the MURC-Mobile! Damn, lost the keys again :(

[GDI]Raptor
22nd February 2002, 02:11
Lets get them
We don't stell anything, we just borow an GIVE :D

Amiga Blitter
23rd February 2002, 13:52
Someone e-mail me:

Let's begin the strike. No more visit at the Matrox Site. No more visit at the MURCER site.

:cool: :D :) :p :eek:

Mi sono stufato. Devo comprare la ATI AIW 8500????

NocturnDragon
24th February 2002, 02:43
No dai! Aspetta ancora un po'!!!! almeno 24 giorni!

Sasq
24th February 2002, 06:55
And the bablefish of that is...

They do not give the! It still waits for a po'!!!! at least 24 days!

NocturnDragon
24th February 2002, 09:45
Originally posted by Amiga Blitter

Mi sono stufato. Devo comprare la ATI AIW 8500????

I was answering to Amiga Blitter.
I told him that even if he wants to buy a ATI AIW 8500, he could wait at least for 24 days.