Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 & Asus K7M

Happy Post

Just thought id let people know that AMD chips are NOT a problem using the K7M motherboard. In fact one of the major bugs i had with Adobe Premier simply went away (visual bug, hard to describe).

Bye bye PII 450 + Asus P2B, say hello to my new friend Athlon 750!!! mpeg encoding (the right way) was never soo much faster to deal with. Now i just need a copy of PC Anywhere to access my machine when mpeg encodings finish hours before i get home.

Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Good news elister

Thanks for letting us know.

Biker

Comment

Yeah i myself was someone who held off moving my capture equipment onto the Athlon due to my fears of incompatability.

Those fears were all for not, once again it works even better in Win98se. I wish i could say the same for the beta win2k drivers.
      Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Comment

FYI

Well i posted something about my K7M locking up with Win2k & the beta drivers but that thread seems to be gone.....?

The lock ups were due to a loose CPU. Its a modified Athlon (dip switches & wires) 500@750. Since half of the case was removed it doesnt fit into the side riser locks. It got lose. 100% stable on Win98se, not so stable for Win2k. Instant system lock up. The beta drivers simply do not work on my Asus K7M.

Heh, hope it repro's in the lab, would make a great bug to send to Matrox.

ps
        Sorry if i pissed anyone off.
        Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Comment

Working...
        X