rumble stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rumble stick?

I'm considering to buy a force joystick for my MS Flight simu 2002. But I cannot decide which joystick to buy. Choosing between the MS Sidewinder 2 force and the Logitech Force 3D. I wasn't going to spend much money on a joystick but that plan has already screwed up...

What's your opinion 'bout the Sidewinder or Logitech? Too expensive, good enough or somehting completely different?
    My system:
    | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
    homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

I have a Sidewinder2 (non-FF). It's a good, solid stick. Lots of my clanmates have it. One guy has the FF model, and the additional power cord it needs broke.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my FF Joystick from Guillemot, but it seems that they discontinued it.
      If you're lucky, you'll find somebody who still has 'em in stock, since they were comparable cheap to the other manufacturers.
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hi Lindberg,

I donĀ“t know if your dead set on force feedback, otherwise you might get some input here

rubank

Comment

I had a Logitech FF stick, and it was ok. In single player it added to the "realism" of Mech4. But in multiplayer it is a HUGE disadvantage.

If you are being smacked around, you will never be able to hold a steady bead on the enemy. And even if you are just walking, the stick moves back and forth in your hands. If everyone HAD to use this, then that would be ok, but you will be in the huge minority and get wasted in any multiplayer arena. Of course in MS flight sim, there is no shooting etc, so that should be ok, and it would be fun, but if you plan on using the stick for any competitive multiplayer games, leave the FF in the store.

Just my 2 cents of course and I'm sure there are alot of people who love FF.
          AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Easy. Sidewinder 2 FF.

Rags

Comment

Working...
            X