Good read for you IBM 65 and 75 GXP harddrive users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good read for you IBM 65 and 75 GXP harddrive users

For months now users of IBM manufactured hard disk drives based on the Deskstar 60GXP and 75GXP models (and possible even older models) have been experiencing substantial frequent fail rates and data loss of that compared to competitor hard disk drives – I recently fell victim myself. This has lead to a lot of headaches and RMA returns, and neither happy nor satisfied customers. Something needs to be done, people need to know what is happening; it’s their right to be informed, wouldn’t you agree?

Ask yourself this... Who has the time or money to pay for expensive data recovery companies to fix your hard disk drive? It is an option that is out of reach for the majority of PC users.

Read on as this non-technical article will explain the problems being experienced and I suggest possible reasons and solutions for this – I’d like to emphasis that these are only beliefs of mine and we do not have the industrial equipment available to confirm any of this.
    IBM GXP Problems: The Truth Exposed and Possible Fixes!
    Last edited by Greebe; 17 February 2002, 23:31.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Nice article, only problem is that you have to work out what they're trying to say between the mistakes and typos. EG:

Today hard drives may be made from a glass-ceramic composite which has several advantages over aluminium. First of all, the platters are even “stiffer” making them able to operate much faster without error because they are more susceptible to heat compared to that of aluminium platters. Moreover, the platters can also be much thinner and are far more resistant to heat as glass won't expand or bend under extreme heat like aluminium.
    I think he means "...because they are <B>less</B> susceptible to heat..."

Comment

Working...
    X