Rainbow Runner- G TV-Tuner Dead???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Runner- G TV-Tuner Dead???

Hey guys, i've been using my trusty G400MAX + RRG in my spare pIII 450 w/ 512megs RAM server for some time now as a TV. That was until tonight. As i was watching the simpsons, the tv cut out and went static on channels. I figured it was just the cable, so i turned it off and went back to playing SubSpace. When i tried to use it again i reliezed it was the tunner.

I plugged my real TV in and the cable is fine.

Any ideas whats up? Is it dead? I hope not, becuase i dont have a TV as big as my spare monitor anywhere...
    Thx guys

I don't know enough to tell you if it is dead or not. If it is, you can get a Hauppage (sp?) TV Tuner card for $30-$50, maybe less.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Check it's in the slot right, as well as the G400 in its AGP slot. Also check the two ribbon cables between the RRG and the G400 are on right. Otherwise, maybe it is dead

Comment

Is it possiable it overheated?
        I pulled the system out of its space, and the intake filters where very very dirty.

Comment

It's possible.. but I'd think it's more likely that a powersurge hit it and blew out the input fet (field effect transistor) of the tuner.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X