Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove "registration prompt"!?

Hi,

I have a Millenium II running as a secondary display in Win2K with a Kyro II 4500 AGP running as the primary.

I installed the 5.33 drivers (despite the fact that I find their performance bad compared with the drivers which Win2K supplies) just so I got the multi-monitor controls as it drives me mad when dialogs open on the wrong monitor etc! The problem is that everytime I boot I get that prompt about registering. No matter what I do - either register or tick box not to show again and tell not to register. The next time I reboot the prompt comes up again - arghhh!! I've used the Matrox PowerDesk un-install util and re-installed, but to problem persists.

So I would like one of two solutions:

1) How to permenantly disable the prompt (reg key?)

2) Any alternative little tools out there which I can use to force dialogue boxes to open on the same monitor as the mouse, the parent app etc....? Is there was then I'd happily go back to the standard 2K driver for the Millenium.

Anyone? - please ;-)

Rob.

As the MillenniumII is running as the secondary display device, you should not be running the setup program, and installing PDesk. PDesk could cause conflicts with whatever utilities your primary card runs. PDesk should only be used when a Matrox is the primary card.
    You need to uninstall the drivers and powerdesk, then load just the drivers by pointing windows to the .inf file in the drivers package when the card is detected. Or just use the ones built into Win2K. They are probably the same basic driver anyway.
    This won't solve your dialog box issues...those are generally controlled by the application...but it will get rid of the registration screens...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

First Install the Matrox driver complete the registration and afterwards install the Kyro II drivers this solved the problem for me when I was using my millenium II with another video card I found it somewhere on the matrox forum.

When searching for this post I found this one http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/002685.html maybe this will help you.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
        First Install the Matrox driver complete the registration and afterwards install the Kyro II drivers this solved the problem for me when I was using my millenium II with another video card I found it somewhere on the matrox forum.

When searching for this post I found this one http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/002685.html maybe this will help you.

Tried installing the Millenium 2 and then the Kyro, but I still got the same problem :-( However deleting the registery keys worked a treat so now I'm happy ;-)))

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
        X