MSP6 - How to extract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP6 - How to extract

I'm trying out the trial version of MSP6, and am having trouble finding the equivalent of the Premiere "extract" command.
    This is where you select a section of the clip in the timeline, and remove it (Premiere performs a ripple delete, cutting out the section you selected, splitting the clip into two parts, and moving them next to each other).

Is there any way to do this easily in Media Studio Pro 6? All I can seem to find, is that it allows you KEEP the section selected in the "source" window. I want to REMOVE the section selected in the timeline.

Jason.

I don't have MSP with me right now to verify this, but you should be able to do a time selection (one of the five tools; the selection will span all tracks) and hit Delete or Edit->Clear.

If it's only part of a clip on a single track you wanna get rid of, that's only slightly trickier. Hold down the 'S' key (for 'scissors') and click on the first and last frames of your edit. (For more precision, you can enable 'Stitch' mode and the trim window at this point and adjust your cuts. The trim window can be found by right-clicking on a toolbar. Drag the cuts, watching the trim window for position.) Select the ripple mode you want and press Delete or Edit->Clear on the clip.

[This message has been edited by fluggo99 (edited 01 May 2000).]

Comment

Yup, that does it.
      Not quite as simple as Premiere's method though.
      Thanks

Jason.

Comment

Depends on how you look at it. The methodology is different.

Besides, if Premiere's simpler, why not use it? :P

Comment

I'm looking at MSP at the moment as it's not experiencing the problems that premiere has with the beta Win2k drivers
          Sometimes booting back into Win98 to do editing is not an option for me, so I'm looking at alternatives in the meantime.

Jason.

Comment

Working...
          X