Hail the new king

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail the new king

Montreal, Canada, February 12, 2002 Matrox Graphics Inc. today announced the new performance king - Millennium G800 second generation QH (Quad Head) graphics card.

The industry's first graphics card with Quad-DVI output from a single chip, full DirectX 9 and OpenGL1.3 implementation, the Millennium G800 QH is a future-proof graphics solution for the PC / Mac platform.

Users in the most demanding computing environments everywhere will be overwhelmed by the powerful, super charged acceleration of the industry's only 1-Kb QuadBus architecture implementing support for AGP 8X and AGP Pro and 512KB of embedded RAM. In addition to a 512-bit interface to memory and support for a maximum of 512MB of double data rate synchronous memory, the Matrox G800 uses a completely new 3D Rendering Processor and T&L unit built from the ground up to accelerate the most demanding applications in existence. Fully DirectX 9 and OpenGL 1.3 compliant, the Matrox G800 is an extremely powerful 3D rendering engine supporting almost every known 3D feature.

About the new Matrox G800 graphics chip

Superior Performance
    Building on the revolutionary design of the 256-bit DualBus of the MGA-G400, Matrox extends the Matrox G800 to a full 1-Kb QuadBus to deliver four times the throughput rate of traditional 256-bit architectures. The new 1-Kb QuadBus design implements four independent 256-bit buses operating in parallel inside the Matrox G800. To complement this devastatingly fast 1-Kb QuadBus and create a superior performance design, the Matrox G800 also employs a full 512-bit interface to memory. Two more important features are the ability for up to 16 MGA-G800 chips to work in parallel, which will allow creating double and quad chip solutions using standard AGP-Pro slots and a huge on chip embedded RAM of 512KB. With the advent of a true 512-bit bus to memory coupled with the 1-Kb QuadBus and a huge e-RAM, the Matrox G800 eclipses all other solutions by shattering all barriers to pure accelerated 3D rendering bliss.

With the company's new 3D Rendering Processor, the Matrox G800 achieves up to 20 times the 3D rendering performance of the award-winning MGA-G400 in real applications at high resolution. The setup engines in the Matrox G800 are capable of drawing over 80 million triangles/second and full native support for DirectX 9 and OpenGL 1.3.

Availability
    The Matrox G800 chip has been sampling to OEMs and other industry partners since Q1 02. Products based on the Matrox G800 chip will be available to end users in Q3 02.

Wow Quad Head support but where is the RSN feature.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
      Wow Quad Head support but where is the RSN feature.
      they have added support for procedural displacement mapping on their hardware mpeg4/RSN coding chip, coupled with the the new evolutionary holograph-mode, it makes RSN a feature that can enrich the wieving pleasure on any dvd-movie, to new unbelievable heights.

now available on four screens, for multiple angle-view...

watch the movie in four simultanious angles, for optimal viewing pleasure.
      Last edited by TdB; 13 February 2002, 04:55.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Dogbert....... NOT AGAIN

Two more important features are the ability for up to 16 MGA-G800 chips to work in parallel
        So, this is how you get GeForce4 speeds
        Last edited by [GDI]Raptor; 13 February 2002, 04:58.

Comment

lol i was wondering how long it would take dogbert to build up a new press release
          Dell Inspiron 8200
          Pentium4m 1.6
          640mb pc2100
          64mb gf440go
          15" uxga ultrasharp
          40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Can anyone get us a picture of the new Millenium G800 4x4 (Quad-Head Quad-Chip) ?

Comment

This will end up so, when (if) Matrox actually announces something, noone will beleive that it is real...

Comment

Dogbert, the noew king of fake press releases

Dogbert, make good picture, and impress us!

Well, when I se an announcement om Matrox's web site, then i belive it, but not before that!

Comment

Hi,

from a single chip, full DirectX 9 and OpenGL1.3
                  the official release is not right here. A very good and reliable friend of mine who works at matrox told me that the G800 supports OpenGL 2.0 (at least, maybe 2.1 through a microcode update)

Christian

Comment

dogbert .. keep trying maybe a news site will pick it up..

not likely.. but eh...
                    :::muted:::

Comment

Ouch !!!!!

I'll never trust a press release in here again !!!

I really believed it for a few seconds...

Good job at making it believable in the first place... but i'm going to double check anything you post from now on !

FA...

Comment

512kb edram is a bit on the low side, to REALLY kick ass there should be enough edram to contain a triplebuffer and 32bit zbuffer, in 3200*2400*48 for those who wants to use 1600*1200*48bit resolutios with 4xfsaa.
                        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

NOOO, you fools! This the post we were going to send out to gamer magazines!! You've ruined everything!!!!

Of course, Dogbert needs to proof read more. They would have added DDR to the end of the double data rate thing...

Nice work though Dogbert!

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                          X