NextGen card - Software bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NextGen card - Software bundle

OK, so instead of speculating on the unknowable, why not give Matrox a hand - what sort of software bundle would you like with a new graphics card?

- A really good, fully featured DVD software player (unless there is the best possible DVD hardware on the card!)
    - Unreal Tournament II
    - Autocad LE (years since I've used CAD - whatever the modern equiv. is - but wouldn't mind having something decent around!)
    - Some really nice tech demos
    - Bryce (but allowing modelling using fully rendered realtime scenes, and not in wireframe - I just loved the interface, although again, years since I have used it - Bryce 2 wouldn't install on Win2K!)
    - Really good drivers
    - Powerdesk, etc

All of the above would, of course, be highly optimised for the specific card they were supplied with

And of course, the usual high level of tech support that we have gotten used to - the main reason I would stick with Matrox.

Any other ideas/suggestions/comments to supply the marketing department?

GNEP
    Last edited by GNEP; 15 February 2002, 03:49.
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

- Unreal Tournament II
    I don't want to wait for Unreal Tournament II

Yes, a good DVD player would be nice... A Player that realy can take advantage of the Hardware DVD Matrox should have in their chip...

Comment

i don't want bryce.. give me animatek world builder or something similar if you're gonna go in that semi-pro poser like programs
      :::muted:::

Comment

Re: NextGen card - Software bundle

Originally posted by GNEP
        - Unreal Tournament II
        Never heard of UT II and it is not in development and it will not be out soon !!

Ofcause there is Unreal II which will have a major accent on the single player Level !

PS. Sorry I could not resist.
        PS1. I have met several PP who are on the development team of Unreal II, and I know they can deliver very cool software.

Comment

UT II and Unreal II are both in development right now

Comment

I have revised my expectations... here is what I think we will see bundled:

Games: Super Mega Bargain Arcade Classic Pack, with Added Cardgame Simulator - play solitaire on 8 screens!

3d package: an early version of POVray, CLI only

Movies: just like the Audigy can have an external "drive", so can Matrox... introducing the 5.25 bay VHS drive - now you can watch your video collection on a 17" screen (actually that's bigger than my telly, but that's another matter). Perhaps they would call this new feature, in line with DVDMax:

BetaMAX

DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

It would be nice if they would also include , lets say HeadCastingII in the package. I wanna try it sometimes.
              -<= Its all about point of view ....
              =>-

Comment

At this rate, the next Matrox card will be packaged with:

Unreal VII
                Windows .NET 2009
                The eDualHead add-on for IE 11.5
                Expendible
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Drivers people, really good drivers.
                  Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                  Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                  Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Expendible
                    rofl
                    Dell Inspiron 8200
                    Pentium4m 1.6
                    640mb pc2100
                    64mb gf440go
                    15" uxga ultrasharp
                    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

The included bundle will be:

Duke Nukem Forever 2
                      Quake4: Yetagain Arena
                      Tribes 4
                      Mechwarrior5: Recon Masters
                      Diablo 3
                      Tomb Raider 4 with RSN

(that's Render Subject Nude for the visitors here)
                      similar to the Nude Rader patch available for earlier versions but with Matrox's Bulging Bodycasting

-Dil
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I think most ppl will agree that the best software bundle would be extremely good (100% stable, fast, full featured) drivers right out of the box.

edit: Matrox has had pretty good drivers with it's last few cards (g450, g550), but thats because these new card's aren't anywhere near as complex as the latest GPU's from ATi and Nvidia. Matrox also isn't pressured to squeeze every last bit of performance to achieve the performance crown.
                        Last edited by EvilDonnyboy; 16 February 2002, 03:25.
                        Primary system specs:
                        Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X