Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Government look to Private Companies for Armed forces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Government look to Private Companies for Armed forces.

Yup it's true the Government is looking into hiring private armies.
    I can see the following happening

1) Army on strike we ain't fighting today.

2) Our your Company is in our Companies patch and they start shooting each other.

3) Sorry we've no bullets today the secetary forgot to order them.

4) These ww2 guns are cheaper and can still fire a bullet.

5) Sorry your enemy has just offered us a bigger contract so we'll shoot you instead.

6) Sorry we've clocked out and we're going home now.

7) And if it was run by railtrack it would never turn up on time.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

The entry requirements are probably much higher now than they have ever been. That allied to the fact that people would prefer to work in civvy street mean that there is a serious shortage of recruits across the full spectrum of the armed forces.
    regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

How about enlisting all the yobs and yobettes instead of prison they can go into the army for x years. If they're underage special home and then the army.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Pit

2 BIG problems with that spring to mind.....

1 You remove the professionalism of the Army... this 'selective conscription' is much more dangerous, in a country with a highly trained and professional military.

2 Would you stop a burgular in your hous, knowing he might be trained to kill with his teeth?

RedRed
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Gee TP, how many hundreds of times has someone on this planet tried that, and it always goes wrong.

Crusades, anyone? The mercenaries that England used in the American Revolution? It's a huge list.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

How can enroling yobs result in crusades.
            RedRed the Burglar probably already got a knife and is ready to use anyway.
            Now you send the yobs in first and they'll get shot to bits and then can't get back and bother us.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The french foreighn legioneers are mostly criminals or people without hope, and they are quite succesful I believe.

Comment

I'm talking about The Crusades. Thousands of rapists and pillagers heading east after the Pope granted indulgences.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

And what about the Arabian rulers who hired Viking mercenaries to do the same thing? Nobody has clean hands on this one.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm not trying to make any kind of ethnic thing out of this Doc, so please don't. I'm just saying it's not a good idea for <I>anyone</I> to have an army of vandals.

Comment

Not even well trained ones??
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What the heck is a "Yob"??????

Paul
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I believe that's British for "thug".

Comment

This is about the stupidest idea anyone could ever have. It's a good way to have the mafia just take over de facto rule of the country. Any MP that votes for this is a traitor and needs to be shot.

P.S. I'm not exagerating one bit.

Comment

That's why God created Hollow Points

I prefer the 200 gr. Speer Hollow Points mainly for accuracy and consistant shot placement for double taps.

Paul
                              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                              X