Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400-TV & Premiere 6.0

Hi,

I'm using a Matrox Marvel G400-TV with Win 98 SE (directX 6.1a) , video tool 1.55, and Premiere 5.1C.

I'm thinking about going to Premiere 6.0 , does anybody know if there is some DirectX problem (directX 8.0 or 8.1) with PC-VCR ?
    How work Premiere 6.0 with the G400-TV ?
    What about the MJPEG matrox encoding process (i use it because it avoid having my CPU overloaded) ?

Take some SERIOUS advice about Premiere & the G400-TV: don't go there.

I'd strongly recommend MSPro 6.5 + the DVD MovieFactory and you'll be a lot happier. Add AVI_IO to handle the captures and PICVideo MJPeg to export the disk files and you're in business.

MSPro has more built-in features, supports DV type 1 for when you go digital, is more stable and can render previews and disk files 2-4 times faster than Premiere can.

Check here for comparative rendering times of DV and MPEG files;

These proportions hold for most other codecs as well.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Been there, done that, got the bald head to go with the headaches. Listen to Doc. I spent several months convinced that this would be a good idea and that I would make it work. It will work, just not nearly as good as the Ulead SW. Add AVI_IO into the mix and you have the best capture/editing combo for the Marvel out there. They work with all of the features including te DVDMax function and are rock solid. Add a good plugin like BorisRed and you have a very formidable package.

By the way Doc, I just ordered my Santa Cruz. I never thought that I would be so excited about a sound card purchase. If it is half as good as you make it sound I will be happy.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Then I certainly hope it works as well for you as it has for me

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for the advice,

I tried yesterday during 5 minutes AVI-IO and I saw that Iwas able to access to the Matrox MJPEG codec, is it possible to capture with this codec by using AVI-IO ?
          Also is it possible to capture directly in 48000 HZ ?

Another problem, matrox MJPEG capture in 704 x 480, how to transform that in 720 x 480 without having too much distorsion ?

Thanks

Comment

It is possible to use AVI_IO to capture with the HW MJPEG codec. Many of us use it extensivley because it does segmenting and locks the video to the exact frame rate specified. It also allows other codecs if you have the YUY2 patch.

As far as I know there is no way to capture HW MJPEG to 720*480 with the Marvel. It is a HW limitation. You should be able to use another codec, possibly another MJPEG codec like PicVideo or Morgan.

48,000 Hz maybe possible if your sound card supports it.
            WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
            X