• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New attempt.. G400dhm.sys BSOD

Going to try this fresh..

System:
    Athlon 1ghz
    MSI K7T Pro-2 MB BIOS v3.2(latest version verified)
    G400 MAX BIOS v2.1(latest version verified)
    WinXP build 2600
    PowerDesk(QuickDesk) 5.82beta

Problem:
    BSOD when playing mpeg flicks using PowerDVD(also when trying to enter configuration in PowerDVD) when DualHead DVDMax is enabled. Also BSOD with realplayer when DVDMax is enabled.

Attempts to uninstall the driver to clean up installation has failed. The only thing I have learned sofar is that the problem is isolated to PD 5.82 and DVDMax, I had no problems with PD 5.72 and I can play mpegs in a few other applications without problems. (WMP, WinDVD etc) Please help! =)

- Avr

What happens when you go back to 5.72?

When you were using 5.72, was this on a win2k install?

Rags

Comment

BTW, this post belongs in the Matrox Hardware Forum.

Rags

Comment

When I go back to 5.72 everything works fine again(except the issues I then get with a few games that are related to the driver, MOHAA etc, which are fixed in 5.82). And I have run the uninstall on 5.72 also before installing 5.82.

XP was fresh installed, didn't "upgrade" from w2k or 9x. The only drivers I have used since I installed XP are 5.72 and 5.82.

- Avr

Comment

Rags is correct... time to be moved
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Okay, what drivers are currently on your system?

Rags

Comment

Working...
            X