MSP5.2 MJPEG Output Green Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP5.2 MJPEG Output Green Screen

I am trying out Media Studio Pro 5.2 VE on my RR-G and G400MAX.

Whenever Media Studio Pro attempts to produce MJPEG output, all I get is a solid green rectangle instead. For example, if I preview using MJPEG (using Best Preview), I can watch the preview being rendered, but when the preview actually begins playing, I get the audio but the video is solid green. The same results are obtained if I attempt to output to an .avi using MJPEG.

Outputting using other codecs seem work fine.

I'm using the latest drivers (5.52) with the latest Video Tools (1.52.033) under Windows 98 SE.

Any ideas?

-Kevin Yank.

Check your desktop color depth and make sure it is at 16-bit. I've heard of this and have even experienced the "green screen", but it always corrected itself after a reboot. If you are sure about the install (PD and drivers), it may possibly be the HW. I think that there was a post like 90+ strings long of everybody trying to help the guy out to no avail. I'm not sure of the outcome, but the MJPEG codec uses the HW, if after all that he went through it still didn't work, I would have to assume that it is the card itself. Good Luck!!
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Check your desktop color depth and make sure it is at 16-bit. I've heard of this and have even experienced the "green screen", but it always corrected itself after a reboot. If you are sure about the install (PD and drivers), it may possibly be the HW. I think that there was a post like 90+ strings long of everybody trying to help the guy out to no avail. I'm not sure of the outcome, but the MJPEG codec uses the HW, if after all that he went through it still didn't work, I would have to assume that it is the card itself. Good Luck!!
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Comment

Sorry, it kept freezing up on me!!!

Comment

Setting my screen to 1024x768x16bit made no difference.

I wouldn't tend to blame the hardware, since I have no problem capturing or playing MJPEG movies with PC-VCR remote or Ulead Video Capture.

Video Editor seems to be the only place I'm running into trouble.

-Kev.

Comment

It turns out the problem was DualHead Multi-display. As soon as I disable my second monitor in Display Preferences (I don't have to disable Multi-Display entirely), MediaStudio Pro works perfectly -- even at 1152x864@32bit.

-Kevin Yank.

Comment

Working...
              X