Vdub and WDM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vdub and WDM?

Dumb question perhaps, but I thought Virtual Dub was VfW, and no WDM support?

So what's Tom talking about in his review of the Visiontek :

"Unfortunately, encoding in AVI format is not available with WinDVR. You need to use a program like VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/index) to take advantage of the WDM drivers offered by NVIDIA. With this type of tool, you can use other codecs available in the market. "

Neko

I hope you're not referring to good old Tom from Tom's hardware, are you?

Comment

Toms is great for gaming, but some of his video knowledge is questionable. I am 99% sure that it is vfw. Of course the newer version may be wdm but I doubt it.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I've done captures with VirtualDub with both, VfW and WDM drivers in Win2k, so it seems to support both.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

The problem is that VirtualDUB will not load DirectShow files like type1 DV. IF the codec supports both DS and VfW, like PICVideo MJPeg does, then it would work with it.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I've done captures in DV with VirtualDub, but there was no ability to recompress with another codec, which is what I'd be looking for.

- A

Comment

yes virtual dub 1.4.7 defintely has WDM capture... thats all I use.
              but It does have problems initialising the capture device.. I have start media studio pro to setup the capture device and then run virtual dub afterwards

Aryko what do you mean you can't recompress?
              if you open a source file and then choose full processing for video/audio and then select your codecs/settings and then save avi you will recompress the file to whatever codec you want.
              I capture with virtual dub/huffy and the recompress using divx all the time.

or do you means somthing else?

Comment

if you open a source file and then choose full processing for video/audio and then select your codecs/settings and then save avi you will recompress the file to whatever codec you want.
                I capture with virtual dub/huffy and the recompress using divx all the time.
                That's not what I mean - I would like to select a different recompression format during WDM DV video capture.

- A

Comment

must be a DV thing, it can be done with an anlaogue WDM capture

Comment

Working...
                  X