My G400 eats Radeons babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G400 eats Radeons babies

Haha, no kidding! My g400max is sooooo much faster than my Radeon VE, at least in Q3 and NFS5!

G400Max faster than Radeon VE?
    Are you joking? I thought VE version of Radeon had the same performances of Gf2 MX-400, that is at least x2 faster than G400MAX.
    How much faster?
    ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

The Radeon VE only has one rendering pipeline, so it's quite slow. But is it really "sooooo" much slower than your MAX?!?

Comment

quite a bit slower, yes

Comment

Must be the buggy Ati drivers.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The Radeon VE also has some of the other features of the Radeon disabled, from what i remember there is no TnL unit and Hyper-Z is also disabled.
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Have tested a Radeon VE one time at work, and its a "carp" card. The first Hydravision cars from ATI I belive! I belive G400 is faster yes, perhaps because of the drivers from ATI...

Comment

Working...
              X