Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Millenium G400 MAX

Hi!
    I just bought a Matrox G400 Max from ebay to upgrade my G 200 Video card..
    I am planning to make my D drive WIN 98 Bootable so I can still support the Rainbow Runner G series Capture card I have, when I want to capture a video I will boot up on D drive and all the other times I will convert my C drive to Windows XP Professional and boot up on that most of the time... I can't see being held back any longer just because MATROX wont make a driver for a XP OS for my video Capture card.
    This has a Duel Head, so I can hook it up to a TV or even a VCR..
    I am wondering about the current drivers for this card for XP on the Matrox site. It did come with a driver but I am sure the driver it came with doesn't support XP.Anyone have any issues using this card and using the XP drivers from the Matrox site?
    Does anyone have this card connected to the VIDEO capture card? And will I have conflicts with the card being connected to the Rainbow Runner Capture card add on even though I am not using it when I am booted up on XP?
    I have never done a duel boot before with different OS's, that is why all the questions... I am going to Ghost over this win 98 partition to another drive mainly just for capturing .
    Can anyone tell me just what the upgrade from the G200 to the G400 will give me other then the Duel Head and added memory?
    I am not a gamer.. I do like to play in Photoshop and graphic arts.
    Are there any "real" difference between the G200 and the G400.. that is more then just numbers? I mean will I be able to tell the difference in an upgrade by looking?
    Thank you for taking the time to read this

Craig

if you don't mind, how much did you pay for your G400 on eBay?
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

They sell for $85 - $100 (USA ) on EBAY.
      Depends how "used" they are .

Craig

Comment

Working...
      X