when is dx9 set to come out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is dx9 set to come out???

hi does anyone know when dx9 is set to come out??? i'd like to know this as it means the r300 will come out, and hopefully some thing else aswell

does anyone think that nvidia amy have missed the boat for dx9 with the release of the gf4???
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Well, since ATi is releasing the 128MB version of the 8500, they don't seem to be planning the R300's release soon. So nVidia has at least 3 months minimum, and probably 6+. Plenty of time for them to milk the G4, and still release yet another premium card. People do seem to buy them after all.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

DX9 isn't slated to be released til this fall.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe is right the release is postponed until this fall.

Maybe because they decided to stop new work to fix bugs this month .
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I've read here that the beta is released for testing.

I DO think that Nvidia missed the dx9 boat, but as Wombat already posted, Nvidia will probably release a GF4 Ultra or something in fall. (if they CAN crank up the core- & memspeed of the GF4)

But then again when will DX9 Games/Applications be fully available? I don't think you'll really need DX9 for at least 1 year from now....
          PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

Re: when is dx9 set to come out???

Originally posted by roadie
            and hopefully something else as well
            Having some DX9 features does not need to stop a card from being released.

For example the original Radeon had some DX8 features.

Comment

The coming of DX9 is not the question...

when are the first games coming?!?

Sadly as I see how many *real* DX8 games are out right now, I have to guess it will be when DX10 is sheduled...

say 2003 or so
              There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
              For so long as oneĀ“s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
              -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

Rather very late 2003, early 2004.

Comment

Working...
                X