g550 review at hexus.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g550 review at hexus.net

i just thought that i'd point out that there is a new review of the g550 here . hexus is a well repsected review site in the uk, and their articles are usually unbiased. the reviewer points out that the dualhead is the best thing about the card

it is a shame to see that the g550 can only score around 1500 points on 3dmark2k1, with a 1500mhz processor, when my g400max scores 1400 on a 660mhz.

roll on the g800max (please)
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

The card does do the full Programmable Vertex Shader spec in DirectX 8.0 in hardware, just it isn't anywhere near the speed of ATi or NVIDIA's solutions.
    I thought the vertex shaders wasn´t fully programmmable, and that they weren´t compatible with dx8.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I don't read anything on Hexus because of a lack of technical understanding of it. In excepts of the GF4 card they are saying that it has a 128MB FrameBuffer and that its so powerful it just begs to use a 128MB Framebuffer...

i'll let that sink in for a little...
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
      X