G450ETV Output to Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450ETV Output to Tape

I recently installed in my system a G450ETV replacing a Rainbow Runner. The Rainbow Runner had perfect output to tape. The G450ETV when in clone mode (desktop showing) has running rolling diagonal lines like you would see a bad flyback transformer. If the media player is used to output video the video changes to fine lines, if you output a solid color video the lines look like a poor signal rippling lines through the video. I tried another G450ETV and same thing. I changed monitors, cables, power supply in the pc just about anything you can think of. My motherboard is a Intel SE440BX-2, pent lll 850. Yes I have the lastest drivers and the bios. The input to the PC with the G450ETV is perfect and I can make excellant DVDS. Reinstalling the Rainbow Runner again has perfect output video.

Two questions anybody else has or had the same problem with a SE440BX-2 or any other motherboard?

Has naybody solved the problem??

I have the G400-TV not the 450, but I think the problem is clone mode. On my card, this mode is worthless for video editing use. DVD Max is what should be enable for TV output. I have recently looked at a lot of cards and have seen no TV output anywhere near the Matrox.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidgal
      I have the G400-TV not the 450, but I think the problem is clone mode. On my card, this mode is worthless for video editing use. DVD Max is what should be enable for TV output. I have recently looked at a lot of cards and have seen no TV output anywhere near the Matrox.
      That is very interesting. I have used the clone mode but I will try the DVDMax mode and see if it is the problem. I will do almost anthing to get this card to work properly.

Comment

When you set up DVDMAX make sure you also enter its Options button and select "field based scaling". Ups the quality.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
          When you set up DVDMAX make sure you also enter its Options button and select "field based scaling". Ups the quality.

Dr. Mordrid
          I almost the same setup but my problem is no matter how I output the video I get serious artifacting, That is I get video with wavy lines in the video. I tried a solid color video from MSp6 same thing. I have tried monitors, cables, vtrs, changed power soursey, a new power supply for the PC, two differant G450ETV with almost the same results. The first card had serious Washboard effect on the output video. Input with the same video and burned to a DVD hard to tell differance from the the original tape. I reinstalled my original RainBow Runner and I get perfect video out. Any Ideas. I wish I could a RT2500 but not in the budget. Do you know if the RT2500 will input a tape straight to MPEG 2 for burning a DVD.

Intel SE440BX-2
          Intel Pent lll 850
          384 Ram PC100
          Win98SE
          Matrox G450ETV
          MSP6.0.2
          Pioneer AO3
          Turtle Beach Snata Cruise
          Maxtor 8 gig C: Maxtor 80 gig video drive.
          Maxtor ATA133 card

Comment

Originally posted by Vidgal
            I do use the DVDMax mode and I see the artifacts that are so noticeable I cannot use the video out. I use the input from the card and covert to MEG 2 to burn DVDS. The DVDS are as good as the original tape or better and in that respect I am happy.

Comment

This is just a wild suggestion here but I figure it's worth a try.

If the video you are outputting to TV was edited in MS Pro you might want to enable "flicker reduction" on each clip.

I had a similar problem last year.

Mark
              - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk
                This is just a wild suggestion here but I figure it's worth a try.

If the video you are outputting to TV was edited in MS Pro you might want to enable "flicker reduction" on each clip.

I had a similar problem last year.

Mark
                Differant problem, it not a flicker probelm. I see rolling scan line that look like the kind you get when the flyback transformer on the monitor is bad. On the live video it is apparent like a fine lines that are lighter than the original. On a pure color background you can it. I have been with matrox Techs (great people)and so far no joy. I have tried all kinds of thing sbut so far no cure.

John F. Clarke

Comment

I use a G450eTV and get good results. When I am copying to tape I use PCVCR to playback the files for the best quality video.

Couple of things to check (you probably already have):

1. Cables for good connections, try different cables and check connection to Video card because they can easily loosen. Note: The SVHS is the best way to go - I use a cheap SVHS JVC VCR and go through it to the monitor.

2. Make sure you have DVDMax checked and dual display not checked in properties- 2 places. If I remember right I had to mess with the settings for a while and then it just started working. (I was switching back and forth from the different options in Dual Head properties)

3. Also you might want to go into the Briteness etc settings in the Advanced Properties and see if there is something there.

4. Lastly make sure your Color Depth is set to 16 bit.

good luck,

Ted
                  Premiere PRO XP Pro
                  Asus P4s533
                  P4-2.8
                  Matrox G450
                  RT.x100
                  45 GIG System Drive
                  120 Export Drive
                  Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
                  Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
                  17" P4-3 HT
                  1024 RAM
                  32 MEG GForce
                  60 GIG 7200RPM HD
                  80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
                  DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Ted222
                    I use a G450eTV and get good results. When I am copying to tape I use PCVCR to playback the files for the best quality video.

Couple of things to check (you probably already have):

1. Cables for good connections, try different cables and check connection to Video card because they can easily loosen. Note: The SVHS is the best way to go - I use a cheap SVHS JVC VCR and go through it to the monitor.

2. Make sure you have DVDMax checked and dual display not checked in properties- 2 places. If I remember right I had to mess with the settings for a while and then it just started working. (I was switching back and forth from the different options in Dual Head properties)

3. Also you might want to go into the Briteness etc settings in the Advanced Properties and see if there is something there.

4. Lastly make sure your Color Depth is set to 16 bit.

good luck,

Ted
                    Ted

I think I have covered all that several times. You mentioned abot check two times on the dual head properties.Do you usinfg the latest drivers or the original.

John F. Clarke

Comment

I clicked on Information in Advanced Display properties:

Matrox Driver Package 6.25.011
                      Display 4.12.01.1750
                      Mini VDD 4.12.01.1750
                      Direct Draw 4.12.01.1750
                      OpenGL ICD 2.01.008
                      Powerdesk 6.25.052
                      BIOS 1.4 - 26

Running latest DirectX

P3-1000
                      Intel MOBO (Dell - OEM)
                      512 RAM
                      45 gig sys drive
                      27 gig secondary Drive
                      3 - 30 gig drives for Promise 100 RAID (one hanging by the cables)
                      CDRW
                      Pioneer A03 DVDRW
                      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz (solved several problems when I replaced SB-128)
                      (Kitchen Sink....heh heh...)

Oh and Dual Boot Win98SE/Win2000 - both OS work good with G450eTV

Good Luck,

Ted
                      Premiere PRO XP Pro
                      Asus P4s533
                      P4-2.8
                      Matrox G450
                      RT.x100
                      45 GIG System Drive
                      120 Export Drive
                      Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
                      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
                      17" P4-3 HT
                      1024 RAM
                      32 MEG GForce
                      60 GIG 7200RPM HD
                      80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
                      DVD RW/RAM

Comment

I see what you're saying. The only reason I mentioned the "flicker reduction" setting is because I was having problems with clips that had bad horizontal banding problems that this setting solved. I was just trying to convey the fact that this setting doesn't only cure flicker problems.

Mark
                        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk
                          I see what you're saying. The only reason I mentioned the "flicker reduction" setting is because I was having problems with clips that had bad horizontal banding problems that this setting solved. I was just trying to convey the fact that this setting doesn't only cure flicker problems.

Mark
                          Ok I see what you are saying. Yes I have something like horiz banding and I do have flicker reduction on. Hmmm I'll play with that maybe on / off cycle would do it I hope.

Comment

Tci1,

Incredible, I just logged in to post your topic. I am having the *exact* same problems. I have no clue why. I'll keep you informed on my progress, please keep me informed as well if you figure out how to fix it. Thx.
                            _____
                            PIII-800 / 512 ram / G450 etv /

Comment

Originally posted by greyfalco
                              Tci1,

Incredible, I just logged in to post your topic. I am having the *exact* same problems. I have no clue why. I'll keep you informed on my progress, please keep me informed as well if you figure out how to fix it. Thx.
                              My exact problem is I see on the video out is a rolling diagonal horizontal lines that do not match the 525 normal scan lines about ten to fifteen them. I think Matrox has a run of cards that have a bad chipset. I have been working with Matrox Tech support all week and have consumed countless hours troubleshooting. My older Rainbow Runner does not that problem and I will be reinstalling my old card next week. PLEASE me posted I want to know how you made out. I even changed power supplies in my PC. Nothing helps and now I feel a whole lot better some one has the same problem. Not that wish this problem on some else, Now I am not crazy. Thanks

by the way I use a Intel Pent lll 850, 384 ram and Intel SE440BX-2 Mother board. What Motherboard do you use?

John F. Clarke
                              The Creative Image

Comment

Working...
                              X