Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla 0.9.8 is out.

Reaching 1.0 version

Firefox is more than a browser. Learn more about Firefox products that handle your data with respect and are built for privacy anywhere you go online.

Something from the release notes:

Much improved performance.
    Files automatically downloaded by clicking on a link are now renamed to the correct name when the download finishes.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

It's been out since last week
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Nope, the release was scheduled to be released last week.

See http://www.mozilla.org/releases/

Mozilla 0.9.8 - Completed February 4, 2002
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Well many of us have been running 0.9.8 since last week... it's been on their ftp and I have like 5 different builds of it already (not including today's)
        Last edited by Greebe; 5 February 2002, 15:53.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

using mozilla latest build; anyone know a way to customize the functions of the navigator toolbar so that they exist in one horizontal bar.

As opposed to two horiz. toolbars; one which has the back, forward, refresh, etc buttons...and a 2nd toolbar right below containing bookmarks, home, etc. I want to squish them all together onto one toolbar so I can increase the real estate on my monitor.

thanks

Comment

atm you can't... but you can minumize the tool bars when not needed

Comment

thank u greebe

Comment

> increase the real estate

You might like the <a href="http://www.gashu.org/mozilla/">Lo-Fi theme</a> then.
                Attached Files

Comment

Quick question - does this version of Mozilla allow me to correctly install the Java plugin? I ask only because the last time I tried it (a couple months back) the Java plugin would utterly fail. In fact, ALL plugins would pretty much fail, leaving the browser fairly crippled.

I've been pretty happy with Netscape 6.2.1, truthfully.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

I haven't been able to get it to work Jason, even on the nightly's (which have been rather sucky lately)

Comment

I've only had minimal problems with Java 1.3.1_02. I think it only crashes on a couple specific sites. Java works on other pages just fine though.
                      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                        Quick question - does this version of Mozilla allow me to correctly install the Java plugin?
                        Yes. http://gemal.dk/mozilla/java.html

Comment

Thx OJ, that worked

Side note: I read in the paper today the Sun has filed a lawsuit against M$ for it's anti competitive stance regarding Windows XP's inability to support Java... this one isn't the same as the one settled last year for essentially the same reasons.

I haven't had the chance to see what online reporting agencies have said about this yet... anyone else hear about this?

note: I'm running Java in Mozilla 0.9.8 (one of the nightly's.. build ID: 2002030308) on XP

Comment

Sun sues M$FT over Java

Yeah, I saw that mentioned the other day in the bay area paper. Sun basically wants to force M$FT to support Java. I doubt they have much of a leg to stand on. Here's some articles:

<TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                            X