Computers are weird no.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers are weird no.1

I was upset this weekend to find that my Tigerwoods golf would only run with software rendering with my Radeon 8500. I spotted a patch for the radeon and gave it a try. Rebooted and still software only. Never mind.

This evening I up the resoltution as it was running fairly quick and suddenly the option for Radeon 8500 hardware acceraltion appeared after the game restarted.

Interesting the same bugs appeared in the game play as they did under my G400/G550. The screen becoming jerky when trying to posistion the next shot. Solution turn some of the cameras off. The sky isn't rendered properly when changing courses. Cure exit the game and restart.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Goes to show that a lot of "problems" folks have laying off to Matrox ain't necessarily so.

I can remember having a ROYAL PIA with Unreal at first and cursed the G400 display drivers up one side and down the other....until I put it onto a system with another card and found it was the program itself and not the hardware.

Damn program took 6 upgrades before it became what I would call a "release candidate"...but by then it had sold millions.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well I can't play Unreal in opengl with the ATI. If I use the latest patch I can only use software rendering and not even D3D.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
      X