Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel G450eTV fully compatible with WinXP ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G450eTV fully compatible with WinXP ?

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying the Marvel G450eTV, however I want to know first if it is fully compatible with WinXP. I mean, will I be able to use this card to its full extent under XP ? Will everything (TV Tuning, TV Recording, Capturing, DualHead) be fully functional ?

I am asking this cause I think I can recall a situation were Marvel G450eTV (or Marvel G400, I don't remember) was supposed to be compatible with Windows 2000 however some of its functions (for example TV recording and perhaps others too) were not functional.

Please help me out.

Thanks.
    Last edited by iparout; 2 February 2002, 04:36.

Hi,

You may want to reconsider another product over the G450eTV. As with the G400-TV, further driver development for this relatively new product is stopped.

Comment

I am using the g450 eTV with Win XP and it works very well. The ONLY issue is that the fields are reversed when decompressing other codecs like PICVideo and Huffyuv. It's and easy fix all you do is check the "swap fields" box in the codec options.

Now for the pluses:

No compatibility problems or instability that I have noticed. I have not had a lock up or crash with XP in 2 months.

Great TV tuner, as good as my old AIW which was excellent.

Great MPEG II captures, actually better than my old AIW.

The Marvelous Matrox TV Out capability.

As first I was angry when I heard that this driver release was final. But then I thought everything works, why mess with it? At least I don't have to worry about downloading new drivers. I guess they could fix that swapped fields thing, but I know they aren't concerned with captures from third party codecs.

If you needs good TV out and capture there is little else to consider.
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Does TV recording (TV-PVR, or whatever it's called) work in Win XP ?

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand you're question.

I can capture TV to MPEG II using Matrox's PC VCR software, as advertised.

I can also capture TV to PICVideo or Huffyuv using avi_io.

Mark
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Thx man.

Comment

No problem. I remember when I was researching the eTV that's exactly what I wanted to know.

You just have to remember to swap fields in the codecs and all is good.

Glad I could help.

Mark
              - Mark

Comment

Working...
              X