Official VIA PCI patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official VIA PCI patch

This patch actually seems to be working, giving Intel-class transfer rates.

You can read about it and download it here

rubank

thx!
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Works great so far ....

Been playing UT online 3 hours without any problems !

I removed Georges PCI Latency Patch and Installed the VIAPFD patch instead !

It's an official 1.04 Patch allthough it's not posted on VIAArena or VIAHardware yet.
      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

It says on the Via arena sight that it's version 1.04 but when you download the rev version states it's 1.01. Just a warning.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Tried the patch... buggered everything up... good thing I know how to fix such problems.
          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

cbman

you mean:

format c:

Seriously I have had zero problems with this patch. Not htat I know if it does any good, but as long as it´s not doing any harm I happy to have it.

Sandra says the HD:s are faster, but it´s synthetic and I can´t say I´ve noticed any real-app change.

rubank

Comment

Not quite format c:

Its my wife machine... she would kill me if she lost all her Martha Stewart and Craft stuff.

My problem happened when HDTach and Sisoft and pretty much any program that pushed the hard drive hard in windows (EG loading up Unreal Tournament or Other Games) Caused a Fatal Error in (Insert Random Memory Location here) VXD... it didn't even give me the name.. reapplying the 4.1's caused a lock up, Removing Software Caused a bluescreen... so I had fun plucking around in dos mode and edit.com and then reinstalling the generic Via IDE drivers.

Seems to work ok now.. but my HD Access times have gone up a few milliseconds.... Transfer rates are a few megs higher though.

Of course this is with HD Tach... so I take the results with a grain of salt.

Comment

Did You Try To Run The Benchmarks With Autoinsert Notification Disabled

Sometimes that causes a problem (usually on intel 810 chipset boards)
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

It wasn't just the Benchmarks that euchred the system though... games did it... as well as installing and uninstalling software

Comment

Works a treat for me under 98. I'll try it on windoze 2000 and see if it breaks that.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

As several other uses reported on Via areana the patch doesn't load under win2k. Looks like I'll have to wait to patch number 1.06. I won't posting this on the Via forums as the last person who did got told off by the Via techies. Nice eh?
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It ****s up my W2K. I have to boot into safe mode and uninstall the patch.

Comment

Working...
                        X