Drivers for the MarvelG400-TV on Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers for the MarvelG400-TV on Windows 2000

They are coming along nicely and I just wanted to give kudos to Matrox! They really are committed to making this card work on W2K. From my experience, the drivers should be ready to go fairly soon

To anybody who was thinking of getting rid of their G400, wait just a little longer!

russ

[This message has been edited by russb (edited 25 April 2000).]

Coming along nicely? I have been happily using the latest G400 drivers and they are full-on complete and 100% functional, no bugs, for Win2K.

...or are you referring to their Video Tools?

(I am sick and f!@#$ing tired of having to boot into Win98 just to watch TV)
    - --- -- --- - - -- - ----- - ---
    P3-600
    128MB
    G400-TV
    (everything else is incidental)

Comment

Fogduck: Look through some old threads. There is information on how to hack in the NT 4 drivers to get video tools working in W2K. Amazingly, it does work, though it's not perfect. I have actually been using this config for nearly a month so far, and it's usable. (and FYI I'm running on a dual processor setup)

Comment

Hi Walrus,
        I am curious as to what dual setup you are running. Celerons?, P-II, P-III, etc. And did you notice, or better put, test to see what difference if any the dual processors make? And finally are you using Premiere or MSP?
        Thanks
        Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

I was refering to the videotools for Windows 2000....

"my friend" tells me other than a few minor glitches everything works perfectly in w2k

Comment

Hmmmmm, I wonder who this friend is?????????
            Eh Russb?

Elie

Comment

IM_Riktar:
              I am running dual Celeron 366s (both overclocked to ~ 510mhz) As for performance gains, I just run multiple tasks simultaneously and manually set which processor each runs on. Generally I get 180% of the aggregate performance of a single chip. As for my editor, most of my work is done in VirtualDub.

Comment

whadda know? his name happens to be russb as well.

Comment

How would one go about becoming a beta-tester for Matrox???

AlgoRhythm

Comment

wholy crap,

Hey i work for MS in the video capture lab, and even i cant get access to Win2k drivers. Hell theres even a few Matrox vendors on the campus.
                    Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Comment

Lets just say somebody at Matrox is being nice to me I dont want to expose him or get him in trouble (or flood his box with requests for the drivers.)

The second revision is looking even more promising but i've said too much already.

Comment

Happily, the Win2000 video tool betas have just been released, so you can all go to work on them.

Russ, announcing beta stuff prior to official release is gonna end up with someone getting into trouble - either the official beta-tester or employee that gave you access. Mebbe a better ploy is to play it down somewhat - I know this is a fine line to tread, but if we want unofficial news in the future we have to protect or sources ya know ?

Comment

http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/la...ivers/home.htm

Woo-Hoo!!!
                          Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Comment

Hey the only restriction on my getting those drivers was that I not give them out to anybody. Believe me, if he had asked me to keep absolutely silent, I would have.

They are available, just as I expected: http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/la...ivers/home.htm

Comment

Played with them for about 2 hours now.
                              Well Russ, some of the glitches (like 'page locked' fault when exiting AVI_IO, or blocky artifacts when playing back captured MJPEG footage) are not so minor. But they work quite nicely overall, and the capture with no dropped frames is quite impressive.
                              Some disapointments though: no YUY2 format, still no possibility to store different volume values for different channels, no automatic detection of the stereo format (stereo FM or NICAM). Some bugs like choosing the x1 size makes suddenly about 15 % of the picture disappear at the bottom, no possibility for me to change the order of the channels, ... And I still can't choose to deinterlace the picture or not. Here in Europe where the resolution of the TV picture is higher, the default filtering degrades really the picture too much. As with the older 1.52 version, the quality of the preview picture suddenly improves during capture.
                              They certainly still need some additional work. I like the smaller size of the remote and the general design.
                              Michka
                              I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
                              If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X