Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trillian + AOL

AOL shuts out users in battle over IM

And offcourse the updated trillian version (0.721 )
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Down with AOL!

Comment

AOL, the eVil empire of the Internet!!!

I knew there was a reason I didn't use AIM...

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

0.722 is out

Fixed AOL Connectivity Bug
        Yes, again and again.
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

What I don't understand is ... why can't AOL AIM users decide on their own ?

As I understand it AOL AIM have message logging on a central server etc. .....
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

I had a feeling AOL was doing this. Had many problems connecting to AIM in the past few days. Strangely the ICQ portion of Trillian still works fine.

Comment

Kosh you didn't hear about the AIM logging server being left open and thus all that was neccessary to DL the conversations was to enter in both parties nicks? This happened just two weeks ago... something like 5 terabytes of communications were open to the public!

There was a big whoop ty do about this cause apperantely several top ranking US Goverment officials conversations were DL'd!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

LOL the legend continous version 0.724 is out

Comment

Aol aren't they the people who release software thats takes over and breaks your dialup software???
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                    Aol aren't they the people who release software thats takes over and breaks your dialup software???
                    When my bro was doing tech support for DSL a lady called up saying she couldn't get any network stuff to work. Apparently her TCP/IP stack was changed and then corrupted because of an AOL install.
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Yes, AOL installs their own TCP/IP stack. It doesn't uninstall when you uninstall AOL. I've seen no easy way to remove it, and I've had to tell a couple people to remove Windows and reinstall, and never ever put an AOL CD in again.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Well, I still prefer Yahoo Messenger..
                        MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
                        AMD Athlon 64 3200
                        1024 MB PC3200 RAM
                        WD 160 GB HDD
                        2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
                        ATI 9500 64 Videocard
                        Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
                        Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
                        Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

Get:

You have to get the patches as well, or else it will fail too. I am running Trillian 0.724/Patch C

Comment

Little update: Version 0.725 is out with an important bug fix *ICQ: Fixed issues with sending messages between people using Trillian.

Comment

Working...
                            X