Digi-cam, what specs to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digi-cam, what specs to look for?

Howdy all. I am looking to get a digital camera in the near future, but I have no idea what i am looking for when I go to pick one. I am thinking things like megapixel rating, zoom options, and such. Also, any particular brands that stand out as much better than others?

Any info or thoughts you have let em flow, I'd love to hear from you.

Well, this is a good site to start :
    Expert news, reviews and videos of the latest digital cameras, lenses, accessories, and phones. Get answers to your questions in our photography forums.

A lot of reviews, a buyers guide and an explanation of the terminology !

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

One interesting thing is what you plan to do with the camera. If you want "photo-quality" printing, then you want 300dpi, as a rough rule of thumb. You can use your desired print size as a guide.

My 2.1MP camera does 1600x1200, so that would be roughly a 5x4" print. But I don't plan on printing much, and the photo-stitching software will work well for landscape pictures.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I just got this one last week! http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...oduct=43860733
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Moved to General Hardware/Software.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

And here we are, speculating about Matrox' next videocard, while in fact it is a ... camera !

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

that is one asskicking camera Guru...take any pictures yet? can you link a few? did you get a good price?

Comment

Originally posted by dancray
                  that is one asskicking camera Guru...take any pictures yet? can you link a few? did you get a good price?
                  We are a reseller for fujifilm and I got it for ~5% cheaper then our normal price (our price not the cusomers)! I have not tested it yet but I can link some pics as soon as I have!
                  Still waiting for my 128MB memory cards!
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
                  X