Cornerstone Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornerstone Monitors

I know they are recommnded by a few around here. (Greebe)

I was browsing Monitorsdirect and found the P2460 19", Aperture Grill, .22mm Horzontal Dot Pitch, 1600x1200@85Hz is only $345.

I know Greebe was recommending the P1460 which is a Shadow Mask, .25mm Horizontal dot pitch, 1600x1200@85hz, but it's $439.

Which is better??

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Gee, that depends on whether you like aperture grille or shadow mask.

You can guess, based on which is pricier, what a lot of us think.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

You can goto the p1460 product page and click on the "Compare button" This will give you a side by side comparison of the two.

Jim Witkowski
      Chief Hardware Engineer
      Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com
      Jim at http://www.monitorsdirect.com

Comment

I thought most people like the Trinitron over the Shadow mask...

Damn! That comparison page rocks!!

amish
        Last edited by Electric Amish; 30 January 2002, 13:50.

Comment

If you look at the white papers I have written, you will find one titled "Selecting the right tube" This may also help.

Jim
          Jim at http://www.monitorsdirect.com

Comment

I have a Cornerstone p1460 and I like it very, very much. Very crisp picture using my Kyro II video cards (damn you Matrox, where's the Parhelia?!?!?!). Not much more to say than it's the best monitor I have ever used in my entire life.

The p2460 wasn't around when I bought mine...but looking at the comparison page I think I would have chosen the p1460 still. Just me though.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

My ViewSonic 21" died a few months back , I'm now consigned to a tiny 17" so I might get me one of those nice big Cornerstones as soon as I've remortgaged my house. Never know when I'm going to need to benchmark Quake 3 at 2048x1536

Comment

Another one of those preciuos "hints/hopes" from Ant...

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                  as I've remortgaged my house.
                  I guess he is in need for some money, for a new monitor and a new M
                  Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                  Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                  Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

And a new car and a new...

Comment

Is Greebe ok? Greebe? GREEBE?
                      FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Andrews
                        Is Greebe ok? Greebe? GREEBE?
                        You should know by now that Greebe is definitely NOT ok.

amish

Comment

Back on topic http://www.tomshardware.com/display/...201/index.html a new review of the p2460 by tomshardware
                          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

...and if this reviewer really knew what he was doing he'd know that the screen needed to be demagnetized with a real degaussing coil to remove the purity problem (probably shipped next to a speaker)... and talk about nit picky... colors in the pdf?!... Oh good grief print it in B&W ya norom!

Didn't work perfect out of the box... none do!!! BITE ME BITE ME BITE ME THG!
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

He's Back!
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X