HP9600 SCSI CDRW external for £70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP9600 SCSI CDRW external for £70

I know a few people here are die-hard SCSI fans, so I thought I'd mention this cheapie I found at eBuyer here.

The 9600s are discontinued by HP, and they 'only' do 12xR and 8xRW, but for £70.49 you cant complain too much.
    There are cheaper& faster drives on the site, but they're IDE internals.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Seems like an excellent price. Unfortunately I have never used SCSI before so does anyone know what the reliability of these devices is like. Most CD burners I have had tend to be a little on the *touchy* side.

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I've had a Phillips CD3660 scsi (2xWrite 1xReWrite) via Adaptec 2940au on a Compaq P166 for a couple of years and its been okay. The only coasters I've burnt have been due to problems with the PC itself (such as power saving kicking in halfway through an unattended build before I thought to turn it off in bios)

Prior to some upgrades recently the same PC used to run my PC-TV card at the same time, and burn CDs while watching TV.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
      X