And the future is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the future is...

Does anyone knows about what's Matrox working on? Any new video card? Any RT upgrade? RT3000? Is there any new release for some new product?

I know what's coming, but if I told you I'd have to kill you

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Whatever it is, you can be sure it won't have certified drivers for whatever OS you will be using.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Comment

Let me add, that no matter when you will buy that product, exactly 6 months later, driver/software development will be stopped.

Maybe unfair, but I couldn't resist either ;-)
        Asus A7A266 (GPF onboard ;-)
        Athlon 1.3 Ghz
        512 MB PC-133
        2 x 20, 1 x 40 GB IBM
        Matrox 450 eTV / MV patched
        Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
        AOpen 24x CDRW
        98SE-foolproof

Comment

I will watch with interest , but also the knowledge of the past .
          ----
          What the "from hell" have i been drinking ? whatever i don't think its "Long Time Dead"
          I'm not a "Rock Star" don't have lot of money to keep upgrading,
          i'm quitting the Matrox "rat race" that is unless the new card has onboard timing & low noise Analogue capture
          to guaranty no drooped frames?.now that would be "Beautiful Mind"

----

BTW : i'm not anti Matrox , that would be like being "Behind Enemy Lines" this is a Matrox users
          forum after all , just that i cant except that you need a fast/stable PC to do low quality MJPEG
          capturing ? ,semi/pro's where doing this 10 years ago on ISA bus (the 8 bit bus you probably don't have on you MB
          now!) come on Matrox why have high quality (hardware) chips for video capture , but limit
          the MJPEG (software)quality to 50%(3MB/s) ? when someone in the Matrox forum revealed a work around
          to get 5/6mb/s (hardware MJPEG capture) The next driver release no longer seemed to worked
          with the registry hack (back to 50% mjpeg)
          YUV proved possible and patched / next driver release patch no longer worked (the code for YUV had been torn
          out of the drivers) ?? can anyone see a paten ? ( are drivers updates ,upgrades or downgrades ?)
          I should thank my self lucky , that i didn't buy a G400TV when they first came on the market, because
          a working PAL driver didn't come out for months ! (didn't capture PAL fields correctly).
          And is it magic ? how is it possible that RT2500 (hardware MPEG) has working drivers for win2k
          but hardware MJPEG is not possible ?
          Also why is there a audio mute inside the g400tv BOB ?

Ok i had to speak my mind
          If anyone thinks am being unfair ,post i would like to be wrong about (insert big evil company of choice here )
          Or is this thread just for blowing off steam

Hur!? ,Actually started this post just for fun ? look what came out! ,must of had a bad day
          My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
          win98se
          Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Comment

One problem with hardware MJPeg on todays systems:

software MJPeg codecs are faster, and they have been since CPU's reached about 500 mhz

IMHO the big mistake was not s***canning Zoran long ago in favor of a simple YUV card with PICVideo bundled. The card would have been far easier to program for new OS's with the Brooktree YUV chipset. WinTV is a perfect example of that.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 January 2002, 18:25.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well i hope my g400 last a little longer (build quality seems good)
              if it does fail , WinTV may be on the list ,A quick check in this forum to see how matrox's
              latest offering's are performing has become essential before buying , i hope Matrox sends you something to play/review with soon
              As for output to tape (if needed) i found the "real magic dvd" (H+) card perfect apart form the lack
              of preview in editing software (MSPro/Premiere) and for £40 UK pounds its cheap.
              My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
              win98se
              Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Comment

Working...
              X