Another call for Sound Card recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another call for Sound Card recomendations

I am looking to upgrade my sound card and had liked the features offered by the SB Audigy, but am concerened about the quality of the drivers. The main use of the card will be playback and recording of music. My main interest is in easy access to the connections as I am disabled and it is a pain to deal with moving my box every time I want to plug in a recording or MIDI device. The fact that the Audigy Platinum has the drive in the front is compelling. On the other hand, I could save a bundle by getting a TB Santa Cruz. My main question is are there any other cards that I should consider? Are there any others with a drive insert or breakout box for a reasonable price? If I had an unlimited budget, a Gina 24 or the like would be nice, but alass, the life of a poor student has limits... I need beer money, right?

MadScot
    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinium eX, and I have no problems recomanding you this card! I use the card in Windows XP, and as far as I'm concerned, everything works fine. It's a very big advantage for me with the buildt in Firewire suport. Works fine with my digital video camera!

I even use it on a VIA KT266A system, and I still don't have any problems, the newest VIA 4in1 patch is installed!

Comment

Working...
    X