Old Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Cell Phone

well I just got a new Cell phone to replace my Motorla StarTac that I've had for the past 3 years. Since its about to become worthless to me now once I get my Motorla 270C, I was wondering if I could sell it on Ebay or the like to help pay for the new phone....

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

3 years old phone? That sounds like some stone-age equipment you got there...
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Yea...that thing is ancient, and I doubt you will find anyone to buy it, especially since you can get a modern cell phone at little to no cost these days when you sign up for most cell services...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

You think that's ancient ... I've still got my first and last cell phone from 1990. Its a Mitsubishi and it cost me around $1300.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

And every time you use it, you triple your chances for brain cancer.
          Get a real cell phone already....
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well I don't know that its any more prone to causing cancer but I haven't used it (or needed it) since '91 anyway. My wife's got a free Nokia phone that she carries for emergencies.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Ha, you youngsters!

I bought my first cell phone in 1984. It was a Mobira (predecessor to Nokia), furnished with a steady handle. It was needed since the phone weighed in at around 10 lbs! (Yes, the handset was separate.) It had two powerful lead batteries that, fully charged, allowed you to speak for 20 minutes. And the damned thing cost $2500!

Those were the days, when cellphones were made for real men.

rubank

Comment

My Dad had an old Motorola like that - you had the battery etc in the base, with the handset separate.

I doubt he'd have thrown it out...but I can't find it (I've been looking for old phones, as most UK providers offer £20-£50 trade-ins now).

Should be getting me a new Nokia soon, heaviest one I like is 110g, hehe

P.
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I really fancy the 5510 (mp3player, radio, qwerty keyboard etc), but I'd have to pay over £2 00 to buy it outright for use on my pay-as-you-go tarriff I don't use it enough to justify a monthly tarriff.

My first work mobile was a 'transportable' that we had in a mobile laboratory. we powered it from a shoe-box size 240V-12V convertor with a car-ciggy lighter socket on the front. It also had a modem-size adapter plugged into it that let us connect a standard fax machine to it. It was funny to watch a 4m long document arrive, get covered in red ink by the boss and then get put back into the fax machine for the secretary back at base to retype it Those were the days

T.
                  FT.

Comment

I never had any interest in those older shoebox sized phones. My Mitsubishi was produced as one of the first truly portable cell phones: About the size of current phones but certainly much, much heavier. Speaking of old "portables" ... anybody remember the old 8086 Compaq portables? We called them luggables. Seemed like a joke to carry them around even in '83.

Comment

I have two or three of them in storage that my little brother picked up at an auction.

They are Ex-Bank Employee machines with proprietary software and os's

Pretty neat just to play around with though.
                      AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                      AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                      Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                      Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
                      X