3dfx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dfx

Is there some tool or utility that emulates a 3dfx (glide) video adapter, so i can play a few of the old glide or software games with 3d acceleration?

i think i heard about it once, im not sure though

Search Google for "glide emulator" and you´ll get your answer.

rubank

Comment

If you find one that will actually play any games in a reasonable manner, PLEASE post back here. I'd love to play Carmageddon (the original one) and a few others...

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Take a look at http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=14 maybe one of these glidewrappers will work great for you.
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          If you find one that will actually play any games in a reasonable manner, PLEASE post back here. I'd love to play Carmageddon (the original one) and a few others...

- Gurm
          Heh, Carmageddon is probably the sole reason for me picking up that Voodoo 5 on an online auction
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I was gonne get a V5 online, but good GOD, they're still pricey! Any dicontinued card shouldn't go for well over $100.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I bought myself a Voodoo 5 PCI ( gaming and triple screen!!) online Gurm for a good price, but i'm still waiting for it to be delivered, though it should arrive this week . It took me a long time before I found a payable PCI version.
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Ooooooh PCI. I didn't think of that!

- Gurm

Comment

I paid $75 for mine, it's AGP but it recides well in my secondary, Duron-based system

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Offcourse PCI otherwise I wouldn't buy it
                    See a comparison about the AGP and PCI version at http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1292&p=1 the PCI version is just a bit slower but you can use it in any computer . I will inform you about it's performance when it arrives.

Altough paying 75$ for an AGP version isn't bad

Comment

so how do you set that up? Is it like the old Voodoo and V2 cards where there is a pass thru cable? A monitor switch?

Curious as I have never gotten a glide wrapper to work. On a emu game, on a real game,nothin...
                      AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Voodoo 3 and onwards are 'true' grahics cards just like any other, not 3D add-ons like Voodoo 1 and 2.

Comment

Glide....

I have tried a Gide Warper in Windows 2000 about half a year ago, and it worked. I played "Nuclear Strike" with my G400 MAX card. I also used some 3Dfx "Plug-in" for Winamp

I'll try it on Windows XP when i come home, and tell you if it worked!

Comment

but CHAAS, I still wanna know how I would setup my primary card (Radeon 8500 or Matrox G400) WITH a Voodoo 3/4/5 card in the same machine at the same time??

Or am I stuck with a V1/2 card?

thanx
                            AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

You're stuck switching monitor cables or running a second monitor, but who's complaining?

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                              X