Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up the G400-TV on Adobe Premeire 5. (probably not an original question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up the G400-TV on Adobe Premeire 5. (probably not an original question)

Hey Everybody.

Our school got a G-400TV and as I suspected, it it not working very smoothly with premiere, and I was wondering if you guys could give me a few pointers.

This is what I would ideally like to do.

-Capture Mjpeg files in Premiere with overlay enabled.
    -Edit these files and be able to output them to tape by simply previewing them in the timeline.
    -Copy these files to other computers on the network (with normal video cards) and be able to edit them there.

However that is a pretty fat wishlist, so here is what I would realisticly hope to accomplish.

-Capture in any program
    -Edit in Premeire
    -Edit in Premeire on other computers

This is what I am currently able to do.
    -Capture in Avid Cinema (with a bypass cable for the audio)
    -Some times capture in premier and sometimes edit in premeire, although it seems to freeze with all areas where video would be, (Tv monitor, preview windows) going kinda black/green.
    -Can have Mjpeg files working in premier(playing back) on other computers.

Obviously I have a lot more trouble shooting to do, but I was wondering if someone could lend me some tips. I am assuming that I am going to need to mix codecs. If I were to not install the Matrox codec at all on the G400 machine would the Morgan codec be able to play back through the TV?

Any insights would be greatly appreaciated,

-cheez

G400 isn't actually a Premiere recognised card. Althought some folks have managed to get a more-or-less working system through pain, knowledge and sheer hard work, it is still a better plan to use Uleads MS instead.

There are plenty of Premiere tips here on the forum, but they haven't made it to the FAQs for the simple reason that I haven't had time to verify them.

Comment

Working...
    X