raid problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raid problem

i've been using the onboard hightek raid, but when i copy files from drive to drive on my comp it slows the computer down to the point of uselessness (yes i've made sure dma is turned on). i decided to switch over to my old fastrak66 card to solve this problem. i switched the drives directally over, but my 4 hdd stripe array showed up as a 3 stripe 1 span set of 2 arrays?! i (reluctantly) deleted these arrays and set it the way it should have shown up in the 1st place (it remembered the way i had these drives set up last year, so appearantly promise and hightek use different areas of the disk to store the array type) well, no matter the order of the disks on the card it would not show up as my functional disk, so i was forced to put it back onto the MB array which seems to not have been damaged by the whole switch.

i was told by someone here that i whould be able to just switch it directally over, but appearantly that's a no go.

i'd like to find a way to switch over to the promise card without having to backup the data and reformat them.

anyone have any idea what is going wrong here?
Working...
X