Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualDub seems to corrupt AVIs

Hello,

in the last couple of days I've used VDub in batch job mode to filter and rewrite some
    AVIs. I deleted the originals once that had been done, because I needed the space.

Here's the thing: all of a sudden my AVIs (each about 21.5 minutes, 2Gig) are not being properly read by Ulead MSP, whereas before the filtering in VDub they were.
    Specifically, MSP loads in only the first 16 to 18 minutes of a given AVI into its timeline. And yet, in VDub I can view the whole versions no problem. But since I want to playback from MSP's timeline I'm in trouble.

When I tried playing back the filtered files from PC-VCR it also stopped playback at the same points in the files where MSP cut them off.
    ** VirtualDub did something to my AVIs that seems to have corrupted them a few minutes before the end. **

Can anybody tell me why or better yet, what to do to fix this? When I do a frame-by-frame in VDub at the trouble point, I can't see any problem, so I don't know what it could be.

** one more thing: for most - but not all - of my AVIs, Windows is unable to move them or copy them. It tells me 'Error: parameter is incorrect'. What the heck is going on here??

Thanks a lot!

PS I'm going to try out the trial version of AVI_IO tonight; could it help me here?

AdrianSchubert: Resave your files in Virtualdub under the Save as Segemented AVI option. MSP and Virtualdub both have different methods to get beyond the 2gb limit. This will save the avi as several different 2 gb .avi segments, but should get you around your problem

Comment

Working...
    X