Kyro 2 4800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyro 2 4800

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

erm it looks good, but isn't this the wrong forum???
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Nice Photoshop job !

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well it's an upcoming product maybe going head to head with an upcoming Matrox product so why not???

Well I read that thread over at Beyond3d, and the discussion about the "enhanced TnL engine" makes sence to me. And if I'm not wrong it is indeed very difficult to incorporate a T&L unit in the Kyro core, or so I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
          Well it's an upcoming product maybe going head to head with an upcoming Matrox product so why not???

Well I read that thread over at Beyond3d, and the discussion about the "enhanced TnL engine" makes sence to me. And if I'm not wrong it is indeed very difficult to incorporate a T&L unit in the Kyro core, or so I have read.
          Powervr had a T&L solution that worked with their old powervr2 chip, in the naomi2 arcade board, it had 2 powervr2 chips in a "sli-like"(they each rendered independent tiles)mode and an external T&l-unit, that acted like a sever for the 2 powervr2 chips(they were clients).

However I think the "enhanced T&L engine" ist a software emulation, like the one on the voodoo4/5, and that it will also benefit the other kyro boards, it wouldn´t make sense to make architechtural changes to the kyro-chip, it simply wouldn´t pay off.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I have a feeling that Matrox is going to come up with a descent card, no GF killers or Radeons for that matter, just a descent card for gaming with the best image quality and dualhead support in 2D.

I would expect something with a 128 Bit bus and DDR ram probably 166/333 with a core of 150~200 Mhz. Probably no T&L well maybe for very specific applications if they going to keep HeadCasting I suppose they will. I am confident that they will pump up RAMDAC a bit to 400Mhz for both monitors, so they can show off, and proudly say that they are the only graphics card in industry to support 2x400 Mhz RAMDAC’s in WinXP.

What ever happens matrox have to come up with the product that stands out from the rest, not in 3D but in features, like G550 came up with HeadCasting no other graphics card can do that (I know everyone slaged it off, but still its unique), also support for dual Flat panels, so far only matrox has it.
            Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Well Kastuvas, I have the feeling we'll se some more power from Matrox this time. They have talked alot of DirectX 9 technology, and the rumor memmory bus on 19,1Gb/s on the next Matrox chip sounds like alot of power

Comment

Originally posted by Kastuvas
                Probably no T&L
                hmm 3dfx and kyro got slaughterd because they haven't got a hardware T&L so I guess it would be a smart decision to use T&L, even if it is a more expanded version of the G550 (crippeld) T&L. Just to keep the reviewers happy.
                Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

But if Matrox will include T&L in their new card then we going to be robed of a title being the only card that doesn't support T&L
                  Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

The KyroII already is the only "current" gaming card without T&L.
                    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X