Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some finding regarding my audio drop out. It IS a Ulead issue. Please read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some finding regarding my audio drop out. It IS a Ulead issue. Please read.

Here is a copy of the message I just sent to the Ulead tech support person I called earlier today about my issue:

I spoke to you earlier today, actually yesterday, about the audio drop out I'm having at 2:06 into any project when either printing to tape or viewing via the dv camcorder.

After trying everything I could think of, I learned a few things.

1. If you put a color clip of 2:06 in the front of the project the audio drop out will occur before the project actually starts. A bit of a nasty workaround, but it will work, the rest of the project plays perfectly.

2. This IS an issue with Ulead's MS Pro 6.5 As a test, I rendered the entire file and played it to my camera using Sonic Foundry's capture program. It played back perfectly. This SAME file has the audio drop out at 2:06 when played back using MS Pro. In addition I tried another file on both programs with the same result. There is some issue with MS Pro 6.5 and Windows XP.

I called Gateway and they had no solution for me but to call Ulead, which we knew they would do

Have you tried to play back a project to your dv camera from the beginning and actually see if there was an audio drop out at 2:06? Of course, there must be audio at this moment for you to hear it. I may not be the only person with this problem, just the first to notice it.

Please let me know your results with the above test.

Thanks,

Mark

I would appreciate it if some people with XP and MS Pro 6.5 could play back a project to the camera and see if there is an audio drop out at 2:06. Start the playback at the beginning of the project.
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

I've just found another MSP 6.5 bug. I captured about 20 files using AVI_IO. One of these file contained a shot where a Bornean nomad was demonstrating a blowpipe by shooting a dart into a toy balloon at about 25 m. On taking the file into MSP 6.5, I could see on the waveform display that the bursting balloon was absolutely spot-on the frame where the balloon had started to burst, on the time line. There were no drops on the file. On Preview, I could hear the balloon bursting about 1/2 sec before seeing it. This file is currently rendering into a VCD MPG-1 file: I'll let you know whether it has rendered correctly or otherwise. If it does, it is not serious, but I fear that MSP may move the sound files spontaneously out of synch.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

It did render correctly, so the bug is on the Preview mode only. This inspired me to look at another file where there was an exact visible sound blip and I observed exactly the same phenomenon on Preview but it rendered correctly, this time into MPEG2.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I've known about the sync preview problem for quite a while.

If you preview using "play mark area" (just a portion of the project) the audio/video sync will be a tiny bit off. Not enough to cause a problem unless you are timing events precisely. I was switching among stills in tempo with music so I needed things to be spot on. If I play mark area previewed just a few seconds at a time and adjusted them so they were "in sync", upon full playback or for print to tape they would be off.

Now when I do tight syncs I position the cursor before the portion I want to see and use the play and not the "play mark area."
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

I'm not experiencing your drop-out problem, Hulk.

I have MediaStudio Pro 6.5 on a Dell Dimension 8100 P4 1.7gHz box and on an Elite Group K7S5A AMD Athlon 1.4gHz Thunderbird system.

No dropouts.

I'll keep testing.

Jerry

Comment

Here neither. Must be a system issue.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, I just want to thank you guys for taking the time to check this out for me.

That's strange. It works for me with Sonic Foundry's capture program but not Ulead's.

I guess the only way to get to the bottom of this is to to a clean install of XP without all the Gateway junk.

Since I found an acceptable workaround I don't think that will be today
              - Mark

Comment

Working...
              X