Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio dropout at 2:06 when outputting to tape? Can't track it down! Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio dropout at 2:06 when outputting to tape? Can't track it down! Please help.

I'm having a problem with an audio dropout when printing my project back to tape. If I start the playback from the beginning I get a short audio dropout at 2:06 into the production. It's alright from there to the end 11 minutes later.

If I start the playback through the camera 1:00 into the video, then the dropout occurs at 3:06. So, the dropout occurs after 2:06 of playback.

Here's what I have tried so far:

defrag hard drive
    create the project as one avi file on my fastest hard drive (Maxtor 60 plus), with ONLY that file on the drive! Same result
    I don't think it's drive problem

I have turned off almost everything in my msdiag "start up"

Windows XP must be polling something but I have yet to track it down.

Any suggestions would be apprciated.

My system:

P4 1.5 w/intel 845
    512MB PC133
    Matrox g450 eTV
    HP 9100i CDRW
    Pyro firewire card
    M-Audio Delta 66 sound card
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Probably a different situation, but...

I was having a similar problem where I was getting audio dropouts in a project at the very end of a one hour production. I was recording the project back out to my Sony TRV900 MiniDV camcorder. Every time I made a recording and played the tape back I was getting the same audio dropouts, no matter how I tried to massage the computer and/or MSP6. I finally became suspicious of the tape, and sure enough the tape had been creased near the end. It turns out this is a common headache with the TRV900.

Sometimes it's the relatively simple things we overlook that are causing our problems!

Comment

Yes, usually it is something very simple.

This dropout occurs even when just playing the timeline to the camera.

I called Ulead and they actually had someone calling in this morning with the same problem. Weird thing is both of us are using Gateway computers. It might be a Gateway thing.

I'm going to keep trying things. Eventually I will try a clean install of XP. If that doens't work I'll try a clean install of 98SE. This project is going to be airing on local cable Monday so I am going to have to figure something out!

Thanks

Mark
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
      X