Advice regarding TV capture needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice regarding TV capture needed

I thought I'd ask you guys here for some advice.
    My "problem" is that I want to rip TV-shows under W2000 and use Dualhead. As well as watch TV with a utility that works.
    To give more specifics I want to rip video in 1/4 Pal format (can't remember the exact size of that) but so a pretty small stream of video. I've got 15GB free diskspace and would like to be able to get at least 2 hours of video and audio in that. Matrox's hardware MJEPG at the medium setting produces what I think is decent quality rips, so I'm definately not going for high quality The final version should be in DivX.
    I also want to be able to watch normal TV through the existing software, without having to rescan for channels every time I turn it on, and the program not blue-screening W2k.
    As a third criteria I want to be able use true Dualhead in W2k as I've got 2 different monitors.
    The last thing I want to do is play games though I'm satisfied with the performance of the newest G400 drivers.

I can not accept any solution that requires reboots, due to dualdriver setup or similar since I need to keep the system up and running 24/7, and on a similar note I do not want bluescreens, though I can live with programs that crashes occasionally as long as they don't take the system down with them and simply have to be restarted.

My current hardware is:

Matrox G400 32MB dualhead
    RRG
    Duron 750
    380Mb of RAM
    ASUS A7V-R MB
    older Hauppage PCI TV-card (can't remember exact specs, but it was the bottom model I beleive with mono sound...)
    Santa Cruz Turtle Beach
    Tekram DC390F UW SCSI controller
    Cnet 10/100Mbit network card (TP only)

At the moment the Hauppage card is not installed in the machine the RRG is.

I'm planning to improve my CPU in the near future, but would like suggestions that does not demand any other new purchase of software or hardware.

Is there any good solution for me available? In that case which drivers should I use and what software ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cobos
    My Specs
    AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.
Working...
X