HP cp1700 printer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP cp1700 printer?

[ I posted this as a reply, then realized it should have been a msg of its own if I wanted more answers ]

We are researching a new large format printer for the wifes crafting (scrapbooking, cross stitch etc.).

In the process we can across the HP cp1700, a 13"x19" unit that has a built in CPU and RAM, which means it can use one of those small printserver boxes like the SOHOware Plug-n-Print or the HP 170 box.

It also has print heads with their own mini-tanks that reload from much larger main tanks. Each color has its own set. 2400x1200 resolution. 16 ppm in black and 14 ppm in color.

$422 is the best online price we've seen. CompUSA is selling it at $499.

For about $130 more you can add a "duplex" module that lets it print both sides automatically.

BIG sonofabitch though.

Anyone had any experience with this monster?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

A cusomer orderd one today I'll post here when we have installed and tested it sometime next week!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Thanks. I have a feeling the wife want's to move when the tax return gets deposited at the bank

For your customers info: HP is offering a free 3 year warranty upgrade on the cp1700;

HP cp1700 info

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 January 2002, 12:27.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X