"New" Audigy Driver updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" Audigy Driver updates

Harvey Fong from Creative made a post on the Audigy Newsgroup a while back regarding the "new" Audigy Drivers;

As many of you have already discovered the drivers that were posted today at the Americas & Soundblaster.com sites differ very little from those that have previously been posted. As a matter of fact they came very much as a surprise to us in the Western Hemisphere.

After tracking down a few people, it turned out there really is a change but of little impact to most users in this NG. The change is related to an ATI issue that only affected users of Japanese Windows.
    Download now from Creative if you haven't installed the previous October web release. To put it bluntly this is ridiculous. The last Driver release was in October, so in the past 3 months Creative have "managed" to just fix a problem for those with ATI Graphics Cards running Japanese Windows? If you take a look around on the Newsgroup itself you'll find plenty far more worthy problems worth fixing.
    That said some good news was to be read as well, that being Harvey also said he's requested a change log be posted in new Driver releases (Something I've whinged about myself, it would have avoided most of the mess yesterday).
    On Windowsupdate you may also find a Creative Media Driver listed for install. You do not need this if you installed either the October or yesterdays Driver release.
    http://www.soundblaster.com/drivers/
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Japanese windows here, but no ATI card in sight

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Maybe I should go work for ATI! 3 months and 1 bug fix?! They must be sitting there with their thumbs up their butts 7 3/4 hours of the 8 hour work day! (Or they are idiots...)

Comment

Working...
      X