Quick help needed on a setup problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick help needed on a setup problem

Howdy all. Trying to get my dad's comp up and running as soon as possible. I went to put in a new mainboard and I can't get anything to happen.

The board is an Asus A7V266 with an AthlonXP 1700. I get no beeps and no HDD or CD-rom power ups. The fans all start but that's it. I have tried taking out the vid card and the keyboard just to get it to beep at me, nothing.

This board/chip combo was a promo they were running at work, and I have already installed 2 of the exact same setups for my friends, with nay a problem.

Any ideas I can test out or anyone with this board have any problems like this?

Try a different power supply.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Sounds like your CPU isnt seated properly, or is dead. Pretty much everything else makes a beep (you do have you internal speaker plugged in dont you?

It could be a dead Bios on the mobo too I suppose.

I wouls also check the power supply, but if the fans are spinning up, it shouldnt be that.

Try pulling it apart again, check the jumpers if it has any, check the CPU for chips/cracks, make sure the P/S is working, and the Ram is seated propperly.

If you have access to other computers tha same, try swapping out bits till you get a beep, or it works.

Good luck

Ali

Comment

Tried a different, more powerful, supply. Also tried the RAM stick in all 3 of the slots, still a no go. I'll pop the cpu out and reseat it, see if that does anything.

On a related note, would an XP1700 work in an Iwill KK266-R? If all else fails I'll put it in the Iwill to test if it is bad or not, and put my 1.4 t-bird in the Asus.

Comment

Working...
        X