No announcement yet.

MJPEG to DIVX - horizontal stripes !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJPEG to DIVX - horizontal stripes !!!!

Hi,

I tried to convert a MJPEG file to DIVX using VirtualDUB 1.3c.....but in the resulting file alot of horizontal lines (at edges of moving objects) appear which weren't there in the original MJPEG file. Does anybody know how to solve this ??

thanx in advance,

Tim the Toolman.

I'll bet dollars to donuts your DivX end-product will look fine on TV-out, because it's interlaced.

If your end-result target is the web, use a de-interlace filter in Virtualdub; if your MJPEG source is 480 lines tall, it'll look great, it might look poor however if you recorded at 240 lines tall.

- Aryko

Comment

thanx alot for the quick reply ! I'll give it a try.

greetz,

Tim.

Comment

I have the same problem, they disappeard when I create output file in dimension 352x288 (no 320x240) I have PAL, and this is half of 704x576. In NTSC I do not try.

Railie

Comment

You can find an explanation of what fields are <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003400.html">here</a>. There's more detailed (and more accurate) explanations out there, but this should give you a basic understanding.

Comment

Hi,

I've tried the deinterlace filter and the built-in smart deinterlace filter..they both work ! Captured video at full PAL resolution and converted it to DIVX with the filters...and it worked !!

Tim.

Comment

Working...
            X