Can anyone see into the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone see into the future?

I picked up some DDR back in September and like many others I wished I had the foresight to purchase more.

With prices as they are at present, does anyone know when a good time to buy will be? Should we expect any price drops in the coming months?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

If I'm not mistaken we've had a poll on this subject... and the result was it'll go up. It has now... when it's likely to drop?.... I doubt very soon seeing the manufactures are just now making it back to profitability.

Is that the consensus on planet Guru?

pffftttt
    Last edited by Greebe; 21 January 2002, 01:54.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

RAM prices can't rise much more just look at sdram prices for example (256MB SDRAM CAS3 PC133 ~100€) so they have to come down in the near future! If I were you I would wait for a month or two!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I still expect prices to rise in the short term. Even then there's no speculation about whether they'll fall. It's just as likely they'll just level off.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

It was my poll. I bought 512MB PC2100 from Crucial on the strength of it. It seems that the bigger sticks haven't moved anywhere near as much as the 256MB sticks, so they don't have quite the same premium as they once did.

XP certainly benefitted from an extra 256, so if you need it, buy it.

Tony.
          FT.

Comment

Working...
          X