GF2 Ti 500!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF2 Ti 500!

Is the image quality on the GeFarce 2 Ti 500 as bad as the old GF 2 series? And NO I'm not thinking of buying one myself but I'm thinking of offering this to a customer instead of the old ATI AIW since this is faster and ~ 45€ cheaper plus that he is using w2k/xp!

EDIT: I know he will not do any "real" video editing etc. etc.!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

I think the image quality depends on the manufacturer, not the chip.

Looking at those specs is a little worrying though.

States:
    Full acceleration for Microsoft DirectX 8 and Open GL 1.2ICD and above

When its a Geforce2, not a 3, so is only DX7 level in hardware.

Also, there is no such thing as a Geforce2 Ti500, only the Ti200 for Geforce 2 level, then for geforce3 there is Ti200 and Ti500

Notice they call it a ti/500. Without knowing the clock speed, they might have reason to call it that, or might not.

Ali

Comment

From what I've heard around here and other parts of the net, all GF2 visual quality sucks, while some GF3 products are better.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

From what I've heard and partly seen, Gainward offers the best quality you can get with nvidia chips. But it seems Leadtek is following suite.

Comment

Actually, the entire Titanium series seems to be of substantially higher quality than previous offerings.

Plus you can always snip those resistors!

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
            ......Plus you can always snip those resistors!

- Gurm
            Thats CAPACITORS, ya crack smoking eejit!
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Hmm, that reminds me I still have to check if my GF2 survived my "fieldsurgery"
              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

*shrug* If you say so.

- Gurm, who won't go near his pc innards with blunt objects or wire cutters...
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                X